Matt cooked and I have a calorie meltdown

• He made a healthy lo mein, using the flank steak I had planned to marinate, he used 3 Tbsp oyster sauce, 4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce, 5 shredded carrots, half a head of shredded red cabbage, and half a bag of spinach leaves and whole wheat angel hair pasta IT WAS FANTASTIC. Except it was all mixed up and I have NO idea how many oz of what was in what. ARGHHH. Don't get me wrong, it was FANTSATIC, holy stars it was yummy, but I so don't feel right about not knowing how much of cabbage, carrots etc I actually consumed. Given the taste, I would give this a caloric rating of 10k in calories. He didn't think to measure anything out, he just kind of used things. Thankfully, the spinach and cabbage I should be able to figure a close estimate based on remains, but he used the ENTIRE package of meat, this was a family pkg of flank steak, I planned to use some for dinner and stretch the rest for lunches.

I know I posted on the main Support forum too, but I know alot of ppl read and reply on this one too.
  • Enjoy it and be more careful tomorrow
  • First off, don't panic. Even if it was more than you had intended to eat it was a pretty healthy meal! (Weren't you one of the nice people who calmed me down after a lunch meltdown? haha)

If it were me, I would enter the entire "recipe" into a nutrition calculator by just guessing on amounts. If he can't remember exactly how much...maybe he could guess a close number of carrots and maybe say 2 handfuls of spinach, or something. Then, I'd just try and figure about how much of the entire thing I consumed and enter those calories. No, it won't be exact but I'd think it would be pretty close.
  • Hi Angihas,

This meal sounds really nutritious. As long as you didn't keep eating extra helpings after you were full, I wouldnt sweat it too much! And, how nice that you didnt have to cook.
  • I estimated the meal at 550 calories. I'm sure thats a bit high, I didn't have more than 2 cups of it all mixed together, but, better safe than sorry and truthfully, I'm still very satisfied, maybe he should cook more often!
  • 550 for a meal isn't so bad! Think of all the veggies, cabbage, carrots etc. that were mixed in. The whole wheat pasta....ahhh.. you're fine. Brush it off and if your still worried about it, skim some cals. off the next day--- it all evens out at the end of the week.