Old 02-19-2007, 08:26 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Smile Are You Commited: February 19-25

Good morning! Please join me in sharing your progress and your committments for making your lifestyle changes.

My committment for today: I'm starting over with Phase 1 of Southbeach. I wandered quite a bit from my plan and I need to refocus.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Yep - I am COMMITTED!! I am now taking Sundays to get the menu in place for the week. (making the stocks for my soups if needed, making the soups, making the hummus, cooking the steel cut oats, cutting up my vegies, etc.) Getting it all done Sunday makes the week go easier - everything is ready and planned!

It is now becoming 2nd nature to me - walking, drinking my water, and eating healthy. It is not a struggle for me - and it hasn't been since the first week - maybe that is how I KNOW this is MY time - it is going to be this year that I start the rest of my life!

Weight bearing exercise - that is the one thing I NEED to work on now. It scares me though - I seem to pull muscles so easily. I will spend this week searching for a video that will work for me.
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:04 AM   #3  
Blessed

S/C/G: 292/277/146

Height: 5' 4"

Default Time to get back on track.

I was at the er all day sat. I was caring for a family member with MR, to give his primary caregiver a break. We were shopping and he fell over into a seizure. He had never had one before. He is fifty. His mom went to the hosp in the 70's with cancer and didn't come home, later so did his dad, and then buddy (my father in law), so he is terrified of the hospital.

He is ambilitory, 6' and 250lbs. So it was a struggle all day long. Keeping him calm and in the chair they wanted him in, has pulled all the muscles in my legs, back, and shoulders. Thankfully all the tests were normal, he is going to follow up with his family doc, then nuerologist, and he has had no more seizures.

Sat by the time we got home having not eaten since breakfast. We ordered pizza. That become my breakfast on sunday morning. And I didnt do well after that. I did drink my water.

I am going to have to rest this week. BUT I really want to stay on track with my diet. So my goals this week are to weigh and measure everything, keep my portions under control, keep my food journal, and drink my water.
LadySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:02 PM   #4  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

I am so committed. I'm closer to ONEderland than I've been in years. No way am I going the other way. I'm going to continue to monitor my portions, consume water like I'm trying to save the Ark and work out, 5 days a week. I'm also increasing my 3 mile walk to 4.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:19 PM   #5  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

I am going to get thirty minutes of exercise in at least 5 days this week. (Tuesday to Tuesday).
I am going to eat better and get back into whole foods.
I am going to come here regularly and post here or at the journal site.
I am going to drink all my water each day. Two thirty two ounce bottles.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:23 PM   #6  

Height: 5.6

Feeling like I am ready to be COMMITTED to a sanitarium.....

Found out that I have to go someplace this summer for a function.... where I have to interact with a person that makes my life increasingly difficult. Since I have gained weight this person likes to point out every little thing that is "wrong" with my body. At the top of her voice - to every person possible. Jeez - she has told people that I don't even know exactly how thin I used to be and "how could I have wasted myself the way that I have?" Now I have to plan this "delightful" little trip. I am not a violent person - but everytime she opens her mouth - I would love to insert a pillow!!!

SIGH!!!!!!

Okay - so this has kind of thrown me off of any commitment I had planned for today - I have not gone off track - calorie wise - but "healthy choices" have not been my fortay so to speak......

So for the rest of the day - my choices are going to be much smarter - I am going to exercise before I go to bed and tomorrow - I am going to the gym....

So much for my federal holiday being a healthy kind of day from dawn to dusk..... so many plans withered away

Last edited by Penney; 02-19-2007 at 09:53 PM.
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

This week I'm committing to:

2 miles on the eliptical every morning
water, water, water - at least 64 oz a day
logging everything I eat on thedailyplate.com
begin Walk Away the Pounds videos for some afternoon movement
NOT taking bites of icing as I'm decorating my daughter's birthday cake
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:53 AM   #8  
Blessed

Default It's warmer today!!

Even though it's a bit rainy I'm so glad to see it warm up.

Yest went better then I thought it would. Drank all my water. Ate my veggies, and had good portion control.

My goals today are to weigh and measure, drink 4 cups of water, maintain food journal.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey gals, I haven't posted on this thread in a while...but today I need to make a commitment so here goes.

I will not eat anything off plan today. I will not touch any of the chocolate on the table in the kitchen at work. I will do abs today when I get home.

There, good, I've said it outloud!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:45 AM   #10  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

My committment for the day. Work out. I am really struggling mentally right now with this. It's so easy to become complacent and smug about how far I've come, but I can not become settled in at this weight. I just can't. I have to continue, I have to keep trucking, I have to keep entering foods, making good food choices and I have to continue to work out. It's just how it is. Time to put on my big girl panties, quit settling in as a smaller fat chick and just do it. So my commitments for today.

1. Walk 3 miles
2. Jog 1 mile, in increments if I have to, but jog 1 mile!
3. Work with weights today
4. Continue guzzling water
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:05 PM   #11  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi 3FC Friends! I've been down with a stomach virus since noon yesterday. So glad to see everyone staying committed. I'm hoping to be back on track again tomorrow.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:07 PM   #12  
Blessed

Rhonda, I'm praying you feel better soon. Take good care of yourself.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:12 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Take care of yourself ~ I wondered where you were!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:16 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Another sickling here.... hope to be back on track tomorrow as well!

Rhonda, feel better!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3''

I am totally commited! I just increased my jog by a 1/2 lap today which makes it almost 2.5 miles 6 days a week! I am shooting for a 5k. I am soooooooooo close to onderland! I am hoping to be there for Monday's weigh in!!! Jelly
jellybelly06 is offline   Reply With Quote