Fitday question

• Hopefully someone can help me out -- I love the graphs, etc. with fitday, but as far as percentages go -- how much should be carbs, fat, protein. I'm sure the fact that most of my graph is carbs is bad, but can't figure out what percentage to shoot for.
  • Define "bad".

I think we all have some kind of ratio that works best for us. I find I am most satisfied at 15-20% fat, 25-30% protein, and 50-55% carbs, but that was trial and error. Are you satisfied on the calories you are eating? Are you eating a minimum of, say, 75g protein per day? Are you gaining muscle mass/reducing your body fat percentage? If so, I wouldn't worry too much about percentages and would worry more about getting most of my food from healthy sources...whole grains, veggies, lean proteins, etc.
  • Thank you, that helps a lot. I wasn't sure if there was some standard ratio of protein/fat, etc. Now I know to just kind of make a judgement call after I've done it a while longer.
  • Hi Shelby!

I rely more on the grams and milligrams. Here's what I found from my CalorieKing book and my son who is very much into balancing his carbs, protein and fats.

PER DAY:

Carbs-120-170 grams

Fiber- 25-35 grams

Calcium 1500 milligrams

Protein -46-110 grams

Iron -8 milligrams

Sodium- 1000 milligrams

Cholesterol -less than 300 milligrams

Fats- 30 grams

I aim for these but haven't hit any day yet where I am spot on! I'm working on lowering my carbs and increasing protein. I also watch sodium A LOT. I'm doing better at increasing fiber which is helping me to feel fuller longer.

I also take a multivitamin and extra iron. I wish there was a way to incorporate that info into FITDAY.

Cheryl
  • Thank you guys -- you solved my problem.