What a disappointment!

• I went shopping with a friend of mine, today. We go once a month and have lunch after we hit the clearance racks (the only way I can clothe 4 kids! haha). So, last month I still wasn't tracking everything I was eating and didn't even think about it this morning. When we sat down for lunch I kind of started to panic because I didn't have a plan. However, I just decided to look for something that looked pretty healthy. I ended up getting 1/2 club sandwich and a salad with dressing on the side. I got home and looked up on the daily plate and found out that 1/2 sandwich was 500 calories!!!! I'm still ok for the day but GEE WHIZ! Will I ever get the hang of spur of the moment healthy choices????
  • Hi Royalsfan1,

Trying to eat healtier and stay on plan while eating out can be extremely challenging. But, look at this another way......what would you have ordered in the past before you were trying to make healthier choices? Would your choices have exceeded 500 calories? Good job with staying on-plan!
  • I think that is great for a lunch date with a girlfriend. Way to go for controlling it.
  • But just think about it, at least you looked it up and can alter the rest of the day to compensate. I always plan on a salad for dinner if I go out to lunch for that reason. Keep at it, it will get easier as you go.
  • I agree. I think you made a great choice. Like Rhonda said, what would you have ordered before? It's ok to splurge every now and then. 500 calories is not completely insane for lunch. Good job.
  • Thanks for the reality check! I was so upset when I saw the count that I never did stop and consider what it would have been if I had the cheeseburger and fries I used to get! You're right....I've improved....and my weight will begin to reflect those improved choices.

Thanks girls!