Old 02-22-2007, 07:39 PM   #16  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Never be ashamed when you are making a change! Be proud. Period. Your obstacle is great- and you are over coming it. The world should be half as lucky to accomplish what you will. Keep that in mind.

"Every day, IN EVERY WAY, you are getting stronger and braver."
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:56 PM   #17  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Thank you Reddalice. Beautifully stated.

LOL @ Rockinrobin. The other board I visit is a mainly a site for haircare, but they have other sections such as health and fitness.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:22 PM   #18  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarie71 View Post
We talked about this on another thread, and we talked about how liberating it is to reveal this stuff on 3FC. It helps me so much that I can put my real numbers out there and talk to people about them without feeling like I'm being judged. Isn't it wonderful that we have this great group of people to be open with, when it's tough to do that in our daily lives?
Lisa - oh that's so perfectly expressed.

I told a friend of mine my starting weight.. I'm not sure why, I just did it. She's the only one who knows, and I still wonder if it was the right decision so I can understand the nervousness that you may feel. However, I really like Angi's point about Matt becoming her greatest cheerleader.. he had to know to become it.

Time is a gift
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:10 AM   #19  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Robin: Please believe me when I say the ONLY reason I participate is because it was started by my cousin and she asked me to do it as encouragement to the friends she has on there. You know the more-the-merrier idea? I barely even go over there! Usually it is just to post my weight on weigh-in days and maybe to answer a post that comes through (which is very rare). I LOVE IT HERE and there is NO substitute!! LOL!!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:32 AM   #20  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

In my opinion, none of the other boards I have seen (and I have actually seen quite a few) even come close to 3FC. You all are just a great group of people! If I haven't said it enough - THANKS for every contribution! It is a lifeline for me on this lifestyle change.

**Sorry for getting a little off topic on this thread, by the way. LOL!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:49 PM   #21  
Ilerjo

S/C/G: 268/191/146

Height: 5'7"

Hey dont be embarassed! You have a 3FC site that is backing you up 100%!!There are going to be days when you think you just cant go another day.Come to this site and read or find you a buddy.We will suppot you!!!!!!!! And I'm sure you have heard it a million times but the only way to make it is ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!Your NOT alone most or even all of have some BIG shoulders to lean on.Hey we got your back!!!!!!
IlerJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:06 PM   #22  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Tiffany!

In my opinion, weight loss is tough enough dealing with YOURSELF when you need to face YOUR OWN reality of what you weigh let alone adding the anxiety of being forced to relinquish that information to others! I am very much an individual who values being able to make my own choices. I would find telling my weight to others a real invasion of my privacy IF I HAD to do it and really felt uncomfortable doing it!

They had a weight loss contest where I used to work. I continued to lose my weight, but I CHOSE not to enter the contest. To me it just seemed counterproductive to tell people what I weighed at a time when I was STILL trying to come to terms with that information myself!

Do what you want, and don't let something hurt you...ever!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote