3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I really like to punish myself... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/105074-i-really-like-punish-myself.html)

CyberGypsy 02-19-2007 04:58 PM

I really like to punish myself...

Bought another box of 100 cal snacks this time little chocolate chips.......that was the day before yesterday....THEY are all gone again.....seems like i like to punish myself.....ughhhhhhh

Notice my weight bar has not dropped in a few weeks :(

shelby897 02-19-2007 05:06 PM

Can you find anywhere that just sells them one at a time -- I know the gas station up the road sells the individual packets. Or do you have someone at home who can hide them for you? Or, I hate to say it -- maybe you should fight the impulse to buy them all together for a while. I do the same thing sometimes -- I swear to myself at the store that I can handle having the whole box at home and take a serving, but I really can't do that yet. On the good point, they are all gone and the rest of the week they won't be tempting you :(

rockinrobin 02-19-2007 05:12 PM

I really think you know the answer to this dilemma. Don't buy them. You don't need them. Why torture yourself? They are not helping you to reach your goals and dreams. Since they are standing in your way of a healthy and fit you, then you need to eliminate them. Replace them with good and healthy snacks. Fat free yogurt, jello sugar free pudding, veggies slices and hummus, string cheese, fruit and on and on and on.

You deserve to have the life you are looking for. Make it easier on yourself, not harder. Good luck. You KNOW you can do this. You really can. You are so very close.

CyberGypsy 02-19-2007 05:52 PM

I agree , but its hard to pass up you can only eat so much fresh fruit.....I am going to be strong and since its only me....if i hide them i will never find them(the pills i take make you forget)

Obsidianbbw 02-19-2007 06:18 PM

Could you buy them and maybe leave them at work and only take home what your supposed to have? Or leave them over a friend or family members house?

Sheila53 02-19-2007 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberGypsy (Post 1578823)
I agree , but its hard to pass up you can only eat so much fresh fruit.....

I guess I'm of the opinion that you really can eat a lot of fresh fruit--there's so much to choose from! Rockinrobin suggested several other things besides fresh fruit to replace the foods that seem to be a problem for you, though. If you feel you really need something sweet, and fresh fruit isn't going to do it for you, how about every once in a while going some place to get one cookie, or one small scoop of ice cream, or one truffle? That way you won't have the temptation of a bunch of problem foods sitting around your house tempting you, but you'll be able to enjoy a treat every once in a while.

shrinkingchica 02-19-2007 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelby897 (Post 1578764)
Or do you have someone at home who can hide them for you?

:yes: I live with my parents and I have my mom hide my binge tempting foods. When I want something I have my mom dole out a small amount to me. So long as I don't see an entire box in front of me I am ok and can limit myself to only a package or two.

TempleBody 02-19-2007 08:56 PM

I feel the same way.... The thing is I don't even like to have the food hidden in thehouse. If I know it is there, I'll look for it! & many times I find myself hunting for my husbands junkfood (which isn't much but he has a HUGE tin of cookies that has "hidden" from me twice. Once it was in the hall closet in plain site. This time it was under the baby's crib. Gosh,...

MandiK 02-19-2007 10:29 PM

I do the same thing with certain "snacks". There are a few different things I do. 1. I have my husband hide stuff from me.
2. I am going to quit grocery shopping and make the hubby do it. This way it just wont be in the house.

but I agree you do need some other stuff besides just fruit all the time. I like sugar free pudding with FF cool whip. It's soooo good. It fills you up so much more than those 100 calorie things....

TempleBody 02-19-2007 11:12 PM

Quote:

but I agree you do need some other stuff besides just fruit all the time. I like sugar free pudding with FF cool whip. It's soooo good. It fills you up so much more than those 100 calorie things....
My "sinful treat" are whole foods cookies from the healthfood store. They are incredible!! So yummyy!! And at 1.19$ per an individual cooke I only get one. There are also some dark chocolate bars, and something I once bought because I thought it was chocolate but it turned out to be something else (cardom? or something I cant remember). They are very nice. They are pretty healthy ... as healthy as a sweet can get anyway haha.

Reddalice 02-19-2007 11:32 PM

Here is my smart *** tip - Stop. Buying. Them. Tough love, my sweet.

Angihas2 02-20-2007 12:16 AM

I agree with the stop buying them. You know they aren't helping you. It's simply feeding the inner fat girl. Starve her out. :D

I also agree with the if you want one, go to a bakery, or healthfoods store, ice cream shop whatever, buy a SMALL, or heck, get a free sample, then WALK THE HECK OUT. Empty handed. That simple.

CyberGypsy 02-20-2007 03:33 AM

I have done a great job almost 40lbs since thanksgiving...but need to find another food...for a cup of tea at night....

CyberGypsy 02-20-2007 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reddalice (Post 1579170)
Here is my smart *** tip - Stop. Buying. Them. Tough love, my sweet.

easy to say that but not easy to do....