3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   New fav food (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/104982-new-fav-food.html)

CyberGypsy 02-18-2007 07:35 PM

New fav food

I really dont like chicken or too much meat however a easy dinner is Rye melba tost with turkey breast and cheese.....loving this easy dinner.....

Penney 02-18-2007 08:39 PM

That sounds pretty good!

Charbar 02-18-2007 09:34 PM

rye melba toast sounds great!

Here is a list of favourite foods:

kashi: go lean crunch
unroasted/unsalted almonds
diet cherry coke
laughing cow cheese - worth it's weight in gold!
oranges
grapefruits - I've always loved them.. but you get so much bang for your calorie buck with these.
dark chocolate - it's so weird.. but it's one of the only sweets I have no problem with portion control.

boaterswife 02-18-2007 10:44 PM

Grilled fish....who would of thought it? I seriously didn't think you could eat it any way other than breaded and fried....

rockinrobin 02-19-2007 01:28 AM

I love everything I eat now. Funny, in the past I ate waaaay more everything, fried foods, desserts, everything and anything and now that I think of I enjoyed NOTHING. I now appreciate and savior every crumb that goes into my mouth, right down to my Fiber One Cereal and skim milk.

Some of my favs:

:) Cauliflower cooked in a little chicken broth
:) I have just discovered asparagus and the entire family LOVES it as well. Roasted in the oven with some cooking spray and garlic and onion powder
:) Morning Star Farms Chick Patty
:) Danon fat/sugar free yogurt
:) Jello sugar free puddings
:) Stir fries
:) Salmon, baked and then topped with a broiled, sliced tomato

DollyR 02-19-2007 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charbar (Post 1577691)
rye melba toast sounds great!

dark chocolate - it's so weird.. but it's one of the only sweets I have no problem with portion control.

I feel the same way. I can eat a small amount and be fine with it. A small square and I can walk away. I guess because it is not overly sweet?

GirlyGirlSebas 02-19-2007 08:08 AM

Natural peanut butter....never thought I'd give up my creamy sweet Jiff!
Yellow squash and onions sauteed in a tiny bit of olive oil and sprinkled with a dash of Parmesan cheese.
Celery with Laughing Cow Cheese.
Diet Barq's Root Beer
Silken Tofu for smoothies.

CyberGypsy 02-19-2007 08:32 AM

I like tofU you can use tofu instead of cheese in a tomato tofu salad

sharonrr 02-19-2007 08:36 AM

I am really enjoying fish on the grill with olive oil and lemon pepper. If someone told me I'd want to eat fish almost everyday 20 years ago I would of thought they were crazy. My new red meat buffalo is also one of my favorites. Fresh fruits.

GirlyGirlSebas 02-19-2007 08:37 AM

Hi Robin,

The silken tofu gives my smoothies a nice consistency...almost like having a creamy milkshake. :) I mix 1/4 cup of silken tofu with 1 cup of skim milk and some fruit....ie. frozen strawberries, bananas, etc. This gives me a great combo of protein and complex carbs.

Tofu by itself is very bland. Tofu is pretty good in stir fries as it absorbs the flavor of the other foods and spices. Also, extra firm tofu can be marinated, then grilled or used in a stir fry and this makes it have a good flavor. I try to use tofu in my diet as its such a great healthy protein source.

Kae 02-19-2007 09:49 AM

My Current faves--

Ground turkey lettuce wraps
Fruit
Fish
Chicken

I love healthy foods really, my problem is my love affair w/ Chocolate!

CyberGypsy 02-19-2007 10:14 AM

Cant eat fish unless its from red lobster......

Sheila53 02-19-2007 02:53 PM

I tried the smashed cauliflower for the first time--yum! I put in some light butter, 2 Tbl. of fat-free half-and-half, and a couple of wedges of Laughing Cow Light. It was delicious! I don't have a problem eating vegetables at all, but my DH does so this made cauliflower a lot more palatable to him.

lilybelle 02-19-2007 03:05 PM

I find that I really like my veggie stew with chicken instead of beef. I love mashed cauliflower. Love asparagus, fruit and especially squash. I now love my fish baked or grilled instead of fried. Ground turkey works great in most recipes that ground beef was previously used in. A sandwich without cheese works fine for me now. (that was a biggie). SF crystal light lemonade is now my favorite drink instead of Mt. Dew. A big finding for me is whole wheat bread, and whole wheat pancakes is better than the white ones.