Old 02-15-2007, 05:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation Misbehaving... well sort of...and coming clean

OK...so this week I've been veering off road a bit... Not horrible but not on track. I had to meet a friend after work at the beginning of the week for drinks. We decided to eat too...and I was good with the sandwich, got a turkey club hold the mayo on wheat bread and then took out that middle piece of bread that always comes with a club and I didn't finish it...but it came with fries...had I thought of it when ordering I would have asked for a substitute like some sort of veggie or a salad but I didn't and I ate the fries....the only good thing is that they weren't the type of real greasy fries...they almost seemed baked so that was better a bit at least.
Yesterday we got stuck with a Nor' Easter and now driving in New England is comparable to driving a rear wheel vehicle on an ice rink so I couldn't get to the gym and probably won't be able to get there tonight... Not to mention Valentines day misery and the onset of TOM....yesterday I fell victim to jelly beans and today chocolate...not a total lost cause binge but more than I would usually eat and not good food. Its strange cause I usually go for carbs like pasta, bread etc, I can't say I've ever really had a heavy sweet tooth. I haven't gotten on the scale this week and I'm not gonna cause I'm so bloated I know I'll just get discouraged!
Anyway I'm not off the wagon just having an off few days and I know if I don't come out and say it here I could fall off the wagon so there you go...I've admitted it...next step move on. I'm pretty in check today except the chocolate but I'm still coming in under 1600 calories...no day I've had was over 2000 either. Hopefully by tomorrow the roads will be a bit better and my cramps will have taken a break and I can get to the gym and its a long weekend so I'm gonna try to be extra calorie burning at the gym for 3 days!
ok
I feel better
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:46 PM   #2  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default OK to have an off day!

Hi Sunshine!

Sounds like you've analyzed yourself and are ready to be back on track! Good for you!

I think that it is OK to have an off day every once in awhile. We are HUMAN, and there's a lot to this weight loss thing!!

Hormones can play a BIG ROLE in eating patterns!

It also sounds like you had the occasion to be around a bunch of triggers that packed a one-two punch. Food triggers can be POWERFUL!

Look at the experience and learn from it. Learn about yourself as you review it. Sometimes I think that we get weight loss POP QUIZZES tossed at us from time to time. Just like POP QUIZZES in the classroom, you have to be ever ready because you never know when they will come! Be ready for the next one!

Also, I notice that you are VERY CLOSE to ONEderland! Let that help keep you on the right path!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Cheryl.... I just worried cause it started on Monday and has continued through today....it started with a donut on Monday and progressed to dinner and drinks out on Tuesday to emergency jelly beans on wednesday to chocolate today......never totally out of control... I didn't have any of it in large quantities really but it felt like large quantaties since its stuff I never have at all...does that make sense?
oh who knows, as long as I'm honest about it that helps me stay on track...onward and upward...TOM can't stay forever and spring is right around the corner (hopefully!) I am so close to ONEderland...so close I can almost taste it! You are too by the way! Congratulations...I'm sure you'll be there any day now!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:52 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

All right Sunshine, you've gotten a bit off track, nothing terrible I might add (we most certainly are human) and you came across some tough situations. Now it's time to get thy tail back on track.. You can do this, you know you can. You've already had great success. There is so much more success waiting for you in the future. You deserve it. It may be hard work, but it is so very worth it. Remember there's a better life for you just ahead.

And don't ever forget - yup - "We're all just a work in progress." No point in beating yourself up. It's simply unproductive.

rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote