Old 02-16-2007, 12:47 PM   #46  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kae View Post
I know how you feel. I am naturally very large chested, and was at a young age. People tell me, "don't worry they will go away when you lose weight" but for me it's not true. They have always been there no matter my size.

When I lost weight the last time I was very uncomfortable with the new attention. People have literally pointed at me.. guys pointing at my chest.. sounds crazy but it's true. I wasn't used to it and I ate back into comfort.

I so understand. Even at my smallest weight of 127, I still wore a 34 DDD. Yes, its the true size, I had to have them custom made in oder to have a good fit that was supportive. Every pregnancy they go up, but then come back down to a DDD. I don't expect this will be much different, although they'll have more sag. I use to hear "Here come's Angi's boobs" when I'd walk into a room. I HATED it.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:50 PM   #47  

Height: 5'7"

Mostly I look forward to having more energy and feeling better healthwise. Having a family history of heart disease and diabetes, that's always on the back of my mind.

And of course clothes. I want a better (trendier) selection of less expensive clothes. I hate having to pay so much more for clothes because they are plus sized. And like RitzyFritz mentioned, prettier undergarments instead of the grandma stuff. Oh, and I look forward to tucking in my shirts again and wearing nice belts to show off my waistline
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:53 PM   #48  
keep the faith!

S/C/G: ?230? / ?230? / 125

Height: 5'3.5"

I can't wait to feel comfortable in my own skin. It will be nice to go places without wondering who's staring at me, because I've gained so much weight.
disneydreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:05 PM   #49  
hara hachi bu

I'd say that mine is wanting to be more comfortable in my own skin, too. To be able to not pass on cool fashion trends! I'd like to be known as the "healthy strong chick" instead of the "sedentary chubby chick".
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:19 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I can't wait to be able to tuck a shirt in again.

All this breast talk brings up my HUGE desire to have a reduction - kids first though (& of course the weight - it's covered by OHIP up here but only if you are at a "healthy" weight)
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:47 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 315/238/150

Height: 5-5

When I can buy any style of clothes. Now I find something that fits and buy the same thing in different colors. Also cute shoes, now I have to buy shoes for comfort not style.

My 2 older daughters have told me they get to pick my clothes out when I get done losing, they say I have no fashion sense. I think its more of no fashion confidence.

I figure they will get "What not to Wear" after me when I reach my goal. They hate my glasses and when I wear my socks with my birkenstocks
yayimshrinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:22 PM   #52  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayimshrinking View Post
I figure they will get "What not to Wear" after me when I reach my goal.
I've asked my family to "secretly" nominate me for What Not To Wear after I've reached my weight loss goal.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:30 PM   #53  
Losin' it forever!

Great thread!

There are SO many things:

I want to ride a bike again. In middle and high school, I rode my bike EVERYWHERE and I miss that.

I want to learn to ride a horse without killing it

Play with my kids and not have it be an effort

Sleep and not have my back killing me in the morning.

Sleep without the use of a CPAP machine

There are a ton more, but I won't go into them all.
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:35 PM   #54  

This is probably odd but --

I've always wanted to donate my hair to Locks of Love but never let it get that long because my chubby cheeks don't look good surrounded by long hair. So, a year from now I hope to be down all my weight, during which time I'm going to let my hair grow long (to have it cut for L of L) and celebrate two victories at the same time!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:01 PM   #55  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayimshrinking View Post
they say I have no fashion sense. I think its more of no fashion confidence.
Amen! Kids don't get it....we're self conscious, and add to that that there really is no great fashion finds out there in plus sizes. I'm in the missy department now, but still trying to find my way, it's been so long since I could make choices based on fashion! So Confusing!!!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:06 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
I've asked my family to "secretly" nominate me for What Not To Wear after I've reached my weight loss goal.
I did too! I'd love to get to my goal weight and have $5000 worth of clothes picked out by Stacy and Clinton!!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:28 PM   #57  

I can't wait to lose enough weight to get my wedding band off! I had my engagment ring cut off last year because the prongs bent and it needed to be fixed, but I just couldn't let them cut my wedding band, becuase it's engraved inside and I didn't want that cut too -- so I'm wearing a ring that's probably two sizes too small
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:12 AM   #58  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

How wonderful it will be the closer I get to my goal to know that all of that weight is behind me! 40 lbs, 70 lbs, 80, 90, 100... The farther along I get, the less I will have to lose, the farther on this journey I will have travelled.

I'm definitely looking foward to this.

And small cute, comfortable, sexy underwear

Shoes

and clothes. and feeling comfortable in my own skin. rollerblading everywhere and riding my bike.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote