Old 02-09-2007, 10:29 AM   #1  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Default External Manifestations of a healthier lifestyle

So, for the last 3-4 days, I have been completely consumed by the number on the scale. Like Meg said, it's not tattooed on my forehead, noone but those I share it with, no what it is, right? So, moving on. As I was showering, I was notcing other changes, besides the numbers, whether scales or inches that have become more apparent as I get further away from a bad way of eating and more firmly entrenched into a healthier lifestyle. My nails no longer have those funny ridges and dips in them. My hair is thicker and healthier, I go for trims now every 8 weeks, instead of every 4. My skin, while still sensitive to the drier, colder winter weather, isn't it's normal winter scales. I usually look like a snake in the process of shedding its skin in by this time of year. It's still dry, which I got from my dad,<thanks for that btw>, but not like it normally is. Yes, I drink abnormal amounts of water, but I eat more healthy fats too, fish oils, olive, flax etc. I truly feel this allows my body to process things the way they're supposed to, as opposed to working double time to clear me of impurities from crap food. I still take a multi-vitamin, actually I take prenatals, I have since I was 16, not for pregnancy or breastfeeding reasons, just because I guess? I've taken a daily vitamin since I was 2, so it's not like some sudden onslaughht of vitamins and minerals making my skin, hair and nails healthy. It's the better way of eating. The more excersize. So, for now, I'll focus on the fact I look like a walking hair commercial or like someone's got me on a diet of Purina, but physically, I LOOK healthy which is a complete reflection of my insides.

What changes have you noticed, not counting scale, inches or clothing that are a result of your better way of life?
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/233/137

Height: 5'6"

Smile

It's so good to hear how much you are benefitting from your healiter lifestyle!

I've noticed that I don't feel as tired all the time and I don't need the bathroom as much - I must have been squishing my bladder before or something as I was forever having to go and as to get there I have to walk through my works reception it was getting embarassing!

I also think I am carrying myself better, not necessarily because I have lost some weight (as I have lost so little that I doubt anyone other than me could notice) but because I feel proud of myself knowing that all the people who look at me because I'm fat won't be able to do that for much longer and they don't know it. I suppose it's a bit like carrying a good secret around with me and for some reason that gives me a confidence boost.
Lillibeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:59 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I'm not sure if my external manifestations are directly caused by the weightloss and the good and healthy food I am eating. What I do know is that I am taking care of me better in every way. I now moisturize everyday after my shower. I blow dry my hair almost every day now. I am making sure my nails are polished and neat everyday. I wear perfume and jewelry every day. I have more confidence with people, those I know and those I don't, like in a store or even over the phone. I don't look down as much when I am walking. I am just feeling better about myself lately and it has trickled down to every area in my life.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:02 PM   #4  
Losin' it forever!

I have not lost enough weight yet to really notice anything physical, but for me the differences are being much more intune to my thoughts. I think that once you know the reasons you overeat or eat the wrong things, it is so much easier to be AWARE of your own actions. The food I reach for and when I reach for it is no longer zombie-like with no thought involved. I feel much more in control of where I'm heading and how I'm getting there.

The other thing I have noticed the last few nights is that I am sleeping much better (though still waking up far too early to suit me!). I have always had trouble getting to sleep (and I'm a pain reliever PM girl at the moment) and staying asleep, but the last few nights, I have slept really deeply and restfully.
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

The gap between my legs is getting bigger. My fat on my back is getting smaller. My tummy is getting smaller. I can almost touch my toes. My skin is clear and healthy.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Drinking more water and eating better has made my skin look really good--no blemishes, no puffiness under the eyes. Seeing muscles is a great motivator for me as well as noticing the indentations under my rib cage (I've got a two-pack!). I can touch the floor with my finger tips. I'm also extremely regular, and it's in good shape. (If you watched Oprah's show on poop, you'll know exactly what I mean)
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote