Old 02-08-2007, 04:16 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

ohhhh yay for chit chat...my life has just been very messy the past 2 weeks and I haven't been posting much...I think I need some good ole' chit chat. that Hawaii photo is fabulous...someplace warm would be a nice change right now...its awful chilly in the northeast!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:33 PM   #17  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Oh, I would give my left foot to go there!!! It's FREEZING here. It could be worse... Did you hear in upstate NY they got 70+ inches of snow!?!?!?
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:41 PM   #18  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

OMG!! Sheila how awesome for you. That looks like a great way to spend a vacation. I want to go!!!! I haven't been on a plane in over 13 years due to my obesity and I'm thinking it's high time that I changed that. Maui looks like it would be a great first trip to take now that I would feel comfortable sitting on an airplane. Beautiful, just beautiful. Not to mention it's absolutely FREEZING here, with no let up in sight right through next week. Brrrr. But I suppose it could be worse, 70 inches of snow Tiffany, 70???? Wow, that's a lot of the white stuff.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:10 PM   #19  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Did you hear about Anna Nicole Smith? Apparently, she has died. Reports are conflicting, but she was either found unconscious in her hotel room and rushed to the hospital or she was found already dead in her room. I'm really curious to hear if Trimspa might have had anything to do with her health.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:41 PM   #20  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Whoa, no matter what I think of her as a person, I grieve for the baby girl she left behind. Hopefully, both men allegeding paternity step up to the plate on behalf of this little one and do the best they can for her until dna determines who she belongs too.

So, I went to the doc today, and weighed myself. 227. I've actually put on 3 pounds this month, but my measurements say I'm losing, EVERYWHERE, so I'm guessing it truly is muscle? Is that possible? Well, this month, its been about 6 weeks since a true official weigh in, but 4 weeks since measurements, so is it possible? Everything fits looser, I've lost 2" in both thighs, 3 in my hips and bust and 2.5 from my waist, so I'm happy that I'm smaller, I just wish the wooshie fairy would show up and whoosh this weight away too. Ah well, tomorrow is a new chance to be as healthy as I can be.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:14 AM   #21  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Happy Friday!!

Things are holding strong with my program. Eats are on track and I am making it to YMCA daily!

I have a very busy weekend ahead of me. I have to clean house for my party on Sunday and it's a MESS!!! I guess I'll just consider it bonus activity!!

Jacob woke up with a scratchy throat and a raspy cough this morning. No fever, so I sent him off to school. He hasn't been sick this school year at all, I guess he has it coming. I just hate it when he's sick.

My wall words came in!! I chose "Nothing is impossible." I thought that would be a nice phrase for Jacob to see growing up every day.

I feel bad for Anna's baby. She'll never get to know her mommy as a wonderful mommy, she'll just know what the "media" says and so much of that is not very nice. And there is so much scandal with who her dad is. Sad, just sad.

Sheila - Awesome picture. Hawaii is the #1 destination on my list. I must go there before I die!

rockinrobin - Thanks! I haven't had to do anything crazy yet, but I might have to waste some serious food this weekend after my party. Better in the garbage than in my mouth!!

Casey4 - is Taryn feeling any better?

Hi to everyone else!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:36 AM   #22  
For a fit, healthy me!

S/C/G: s3x/s2x/healthy and fit

Height: 5 feet even

Talking Good morning everyone!

Things are okay here. Taryn is better, but Melissa (one of my 9yo) is down with the bug. I think she is past the worst of it and she is a stomach virus pro. Oh, what a talent! It sure does make my life easier though. I have not quite shaken this restless feeling. I think part of it is that I am on the second month of my plan and the "honeymoon" phase is over. However, I am really proud of myself because I have not slacked off of my plan at all. In the past I would have let my emotions gain control. Now I feel as though I have to act on my body's behalf and my emotions will have to climb on board. My emotions do not need fuel, my body does. Does that make any sense at all?

Okay. let's see. That photo from Hawaii is absolutely fabulous! A piece of heaven for sure!

When I heard the news about A.N.S. my first thoughts were for that little baby girl. What a terrible thing!

Jacob's mom: I hope Jacob feels better as well. Have a great party on Sunday and I love those wall words!

Angi! those measurement changes are terrific. That whoosh is on its way! Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!

RockinRobin: In the fall we went to Disney, I had to ask for a seatbelt extender and I told myself that would never happen again. So you celebrate the fact that you will never have to worry about your weight being a factor in your plans again!

Hope everyone is having a fine Friday!

Kathy
Casey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:46 AM   #23  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Sandi I give you credit for hosting a party on Sunday. That was a huge problem for me. I would frequently have guests over and cook and serve like a complete lunatic. I would nibble terribly as I cooked and just go through tthe leftovers til there was none LEFT OVER. Good luck. You CAN do this. Someone said this to me recently, I can't recall who, here on 3fc, "Better to be wasteful, then WAIST FULL. I say get rid of the evil, evil leftovers. Give them to your guests or to the trash.

Casey, hang in there, it is soooo worth it. And yes,what you said makes PERFECT sense. I hope your little boy feels better - soon.

Angi, those downward measurements sound GREAT. The weight will follow.

As far as Anna Nicole, very unfortunate. She just had such a tragic life. I wasn't terribly shocked by the news. She was on a constant downward spiral. I am sure we will hear that drugs played a part in her death. I just keep thinking about that poor baby. She lost her brother when she was days old and now her MOTHER. Tragic, just tragic. I hope she has some sort of normal life.

Hi to everyone else. TTYL.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:23 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

ANS - so much like Marilyn Monroe. I hope this tradgedy at least gives her baby girl a chance at a normal life. I don't think she would've had much of a chance of one with her Mom in such turmoil all the time.
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:10 PM   #25  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey4 View Post
I have not quite shaken this restless feeling. I think part of it is that I am on the second month of my plan and the "honeymoon" phase is over.
Wow! Kathy, you described my state of mind exactly! My Disney trip is over and the initial energy from doing something new has passed. Staying on-plan isnt as easy as it was the first month. In the past, I was always on a diet for a specific event. I catch myself thinking, "Ok...we accomplished that goal...now we can relax, right?" I have to make a conscious decision each day to reaffirm that this is a lifestyle change for the health of myself and my family. The constant struggle with myself sometimes leaves me a bit restless and anxious. I'm determined to keep going...I know that this is just a phase.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:23 AM   #26  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

I don't think I ever gave a proper introduction on the 100lb support group section. So here it is... I'm 19 years old, married almost 3 years, have 9.5 month old daughter, am stll breastfeeding, and I'm an American living in Toronto. I'm seriously thinking about majoring in Public Health... erm... what else can I say about me? I enjoy reading. Oh and diet wise, I'm aiming for a whole foods lifestyle.
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:24 AM   #27  
For a fit, healthy me!

S/C/G: s3x/s2x/healthy and fit

Height: 5 feet even

Default Happy Monday to Everyone!

It is a new week and new energy for me! I seem to have left last week's Blahs behind with the stomach virus. I am so glad I stuck to plan throughout. I have to realize that just like everything else my plan has its ups and downs and I just have to wait the Blahs out!

Welcome Templebody!

Sandi, how was the party? Did all go well?

How is everyone else?
Casey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:23 AM   #28  
Girl from Rio

S/C/G: 242/See ticker/118

Height: 5 2"

Jill, CONGRATS on becoming an aunt !!
I can´t wait until my sisters have kids... I might have to win the lottery though, not for the chef, but to fly as I much as I´ll want to visit the nieces and/or nephews in Brazil...

Sheila, what a beautiful view !!! IT must have been an amazing vacation !!

With me all is well, I´m finally back on track after slipping off of the wagon for about 2 months ... so, I´m happy !

I´m going to Andorra (a little mountain-country between Spain and France) for a ski-weekend, I can´t wait !!

Have a great day !!
carol2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:43 AM   #29  

Good morning everyone! We are expecting about 10 inches of snow tonight -- yipee!! Better than the 100+ inches upstate NY got last week. We haven't had very much snow yet so the kids will love it -- and I could use the exercise shoveling.

I'm headed back to the gym today. My 3 year old was sick all last week, so I haven't been in over a week. And, the funny part, I'm really looking forward to it -- who would have thought that a few months ago??!!!

Hope everyone has a great day.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:59 AM   #30  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

[QUOTE=TempleBody;1568296] and I'm an American living in Toronto. QUOTE]

Welcome Templebody! I'm a Canadian (from Toronto) living stateside!

Yesterday I got a new oven!! How cool. I made the most sinful strawberry sourcream coffee cake as soon as I could heat it up. First 3 items: 1 cup of butter, 2 cups of sugar, 1 cup of sour cream. I had a 2 inch square to test (it was my first time making it)... and that's it. I had no more!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1294-2.jpg (23.9 KB, 5 views)
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote