Old 02-08-2007, 04:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up ok so just some news

ok...well if you've seen any of my posts my life has been a bit crazy for the past couple of weeks. I've been ultra stressed and have hit some serious financial issues...nothing getting a couple extra jobs can't handle but I really just haven't been myself.

This morning I realized that I actually had some good news and I though I'd share it since I've been like a big whiny ball of blah for 2 weeks. I hop on the scale every day to keep myself in line (although I only actually record weight once a week) this morning I realized that I have actually lost all of the weight I had gained since starting this desk job. I actually weigh less than I did 16 months ago which was also the last time I had a failed diet before my weight skyrocketed. I've noticed changes in the way my pants fit as I've been going along but today I noticed a difference in a shirt....a button down with no give to it... I'm almost swimming in it. I'm also getting very close to ONEderland...so close I can almost taste it...if that isn't motivation then I don't know what is!

With so many things simply out of control in my life right now its actually comforting to know that there is one thing I am in control of. Anyway I just wanted to share some good mojo...sorry I've been so off base latley!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:08 PM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Sunshine, that is awesome! And, please don't apologize for being a little blah lately. We are here for you for both the good and the bad times. After all, its during the bad times that you need support and encouragement the most.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:35 PM   #3  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Congrats! I think we all have a bad day, and sometimes, they snowball into weeks, months or longer. It's much better to come here and vent, than to undo all the hard work you've done in the last 16 months. Again, congrats and hey, thats what we're here for right? Not just the weight loss, but all the other issues that go along with it
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 06:47 PM   #4  
loving my beautiful self

Sunshine, that's such a great realization! I hope you are very proud of yourself And no need to apologize for how you were feeling.. we all have our times when we don't feel too good and we need support - no worries I'm glad you have such awesome motivation - I hope this helps you to feel better
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 06:48 AM   #5  
Girl from Rio

S/C/G: 242/See ticker/118

Height: 5 2"

CONGRATS !!! You are doing such a great job !!!
carol2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:29 AM   #6  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Thats awesome news Sunshine!!!
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:39 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Awww, Sunshine, I'm glad you came to that realization. You are phenomenal. Really. We're all gonna have some blah days. Unfortunately. That's just the way things are and it's never going to change. The thing is to keep those blah days to just that days, not weeks or months. Works in progress. We're all just a work in progress.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:21 AM   #8  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Great to hear that things are looking up for you! Finding that the scale is registering a lower number and that clothes are feeling looser are TWO GREAT plusses in your life! You are ON A ROLL, Sunshine!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Keep it up Sunshine!! You are doing great ~ you have to keep that good mojo going, I still use some of yours everyday!!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:19 AM   #10  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

That's awesome!! I think it is really important to focus on the positive when things are crazy.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Thanks girls, with all of this there is no turning around. I feel no need to undo any of this work. I just know its gonna be a really tough year of turning around the major areas of my life and I'm just hitting an emotional bump I suppose. I can't say I'm a very emotional person and any sort of stress has been hidden behind fat and food and alcohol and other bad habits for years now and these days though I'm happy with my choices I'm just starting to feel a bit exposed. Just like you say Robin, all a work in progress.
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:54 AM   #12  
For a fit, healthy me!

S/C/G: s3x/s2x/healthy and fit

Height: 5 feet even

Thumbs up Sunshine,

That is terrific news! I am so glad you are seeing the changes your hard work has brought! Keep up the good work!

Also don't apologize for sharing struggles. We all know that this journey and life in general sometimes throws us some curve balls. It is easy to share when all is well and we are feeling great, but we would not be true to ourselves if we didn't admit that sometimes it is just hard. Our courage and character shows when we fight through the hard times and are able to support each other.

Kathy
Casey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:07 PM   #13  
Losin' it forever!

YAY for you!!! It's always so wonderful to be able to see the changes in ways other than the scale!

I haven't read of your struggles lately as I am still getting aquainted here this time around (I've been here a few times before until I fell off the wagon. I'm staying until ya'll throw me out this time!), but I agree that you never have to feel badly about being a "big whiney ball of blah" (which I love that phrase btw!). We all get there and one thing I know about this board, is that there are always people willing to give you encouragement, sympathize or whatever else is needed!

Congrats again!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

That's wonderful! Can't wait to celebrate your entrance into Onederland!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:01 PM   #15  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

Wow, wow, wow! You are so close to ONEderland! I'm very happy for you. Sunshine, you deserve it.
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote