Old 02-02-2007, 02:37 PM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default I NEVER stay on program when I .....

My day is pretty much down the tubes if I start off with a big breakfast (over 600 calories) Maybe it's just mind over matter... but I feel like I've blown the day so I just bing for the rest of the day.. and many times long.

It's important to see these red flights. What are yours?

I ALWAYS go off program too when I have company.. I give myself an excuse. Lately I've had people over for lunch instead of dinner... this does help. It's a smaller meal - then I can have a sensible dinner.
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:57 PM   #2  
No description available.

When I am tired...When I have been up all night catching babies I "deserve" to go out to breakfast and I "deserve" to not have to cook that night...and I "deserve" to take a break from exercise.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:16 PM   #3  
hara hachi bu

I got off program when my son moved out of the house. I had to come to the conclusion that, even though he moved out, I *still* have to cook for myself.

I agree with that have-a-good-breakfast deal. If I start out wrong, the whole day usually follows wrong.

I NEVER stay on program when I ... go out to dinner with my friend Randy. He's a skinny little sprite with the metabolism of a hummingbird, and I'm ... not.

Midwife! Funny image - you running around catching babies falling from the sky.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:28 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Eat a sweet afternoon snack, even fruit! I can have a sweet morning snack and be just fine, and in the evening I can have a sweet dessert after dinner and be fine. But if I eat something sweet between 2pm and 6pm, it sets off my inner sugar junkie.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #5  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Default I NEVER stay on program when I ...

skip breakfast. Something I almost never do, but when I do, I always end up going over on my calories. I either get really hungry and overeat later in the day, or I figure that I've saved 300 calories by not eating breakfast, so I can splurge for dinner.

I didn't eat breakfast for more 25 years, and I now know that breakfast is an important part of my plan.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

... don't write down what I eat!

I CAN eat more than I want when I do write it down, but I have a mental block that if I'm not writing, it doesn't seem to count as much.

So, I will keep tallying everything I eat, almost every day...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:09 PM   #7  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

...when I don't pre-plan & package everything I'm going to eat the next day. If I think "oh i'll just pick somehting up for lunch" I end up eating a WHOLE PIZZA or something ridiculous LOL

plan plan plan is the only way i can succeed
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 248/245/120

Height: 5'2"

When I have a busy morning, like today, with my oldest getting sick and me having to run to the doctor-store-pharmacy etc. I didn't have breakfast, so by lunch time I'm starving and I eat anything, then I feel crappy about it and just binge the rest of the day.
srqmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:52 PM   #9  
Losin' it forever!

Two things cause me to fall off the wagon. The biggest one, is a brief falling off the wagon. For example if we go out to dinner and I eat sensibly, but then decide to have dessert. Then what happens is for the next week (or sometimes longer) I just think, "Well, I blew it, I'll eat what I want." My philosophy this time around is that I am not dieting. I am making healthier choices and I am not going to deprive myself 100% of the time. That no longer gives me an excuse to go completely off program over one less healthy choice.

Stress also causes me to not stay on plan, but today, I won that battle! We have a horrible plumbing issue (an ongoing plumbing issue, may I add?) and while waiting for my new best friend, the plumber, I ate a few low fat Triscuits and some low fat spinach dip. I felt satisfied after that, but twenty minutes later I was standing in front of the fridge again! For the first time ever, I realized what I was doing, and purposely walked away to read this board in order to stay motivated!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:32 PM   #10  
For a fit, healthy me!

S/C/G: s3x/s2x/healthy and fit

Height: 5 feet even

Lightbulb I haven't strayed off plan in the 32 days that...

I've started my new plan, but my big down fall is wine. If I drink even one glass I give my self permission to munch. I am staying far away. Also sugar sets me off. I will have a serious binge. So no sugar or starch for me.
Casey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:18 PM   #11  
Bikini Season :)

i never stay on program when i wake up late or am having a "fat day."
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:39 AM   #12  
Tryin'

Height: 5'3

when i am bored, or have a headache.
train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Stress from work sets me off like nothing else... luckily I quit my highly stressful job for a one that actually pays MORE but I have zero responsibility. I've finally realized that you can have a LIFE, AND work! Who knew!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:39 PM   #14  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

~ I have trouble staying on plan when I have a change from my normal routine (getting sent home from work because they are over staffed ~ doesn't happen often ~ but when it does ~ somehow I feel like I want to celebrate and why does celebrate = food to me?) or when I have to attend a class that takes the place of a work day.

~ when I have survived a rugged night at work.

~ or like train said when I have a headache ~ don't feel good and eat what ever will make my headache go away.

~ also when I am tired ~ sometimes ~ so tired I just don't care, and grab the easiest thing which is seldom the best choice.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

About five to seven days during the month, when PMS hits, I get VERY iritable and hungry for chocolate, sweets, and red meat. My husband and I are eating a lot less red meat, and my meat cravings are even worse now than ever before during those days. My husband has even started calling it "meat week." I have always found it nearly impossible to lose weight "that week," and it gets discouraging enough that I really think that if I could fix that one week, I might have a chance at gaining ground on the weight loss. Unfortunately, it seems like it takes me three weeks to "undo" the damage I caused during "meat week."
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote