Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2001, 10:13 PM   #1  

Default I would like to introduce myself.

Hello everyone, I am new here and a good friend of mine told me of this site, so I would like to say thanks SHASTA, and introduce myself.
I have a total of 215 to lose, so far I have lost 32 of that, I am eating 6 small meals a day, aiming for 2200 calories, I choose that amount, because that is how much I think I should eat for my goal weight. I like so many I have heard am tired of the yoyo eating, and want to do this healthy, even if it means slowing down and not losing on crash diets. It could take 2-3 years go get to my goal, but will have practiced all this time, eating for that goal weight... I have actually been to goal a few times, only to turn right around and gain it right back... so My new goals are with a heavy emphisis on what it means to eat for goal weight, and that is how I decide what to do or not to do, my bottom line is can I do this for life? Well that is enough about me, I am looking forward to getting toknow all of you!!

Love Kathlean
PS HUGS Shasta are you there?
Old 10-21-2001, 02:32 AM   #2  

Lightbulb WELCOME

Hey KATHLEAN!!!!!
Welcome! I really hope you like it here!!!!
Very enouraging and helpful ladies here!!!!!
I think your doing such a good job!!!!!
I think time is the only thing holding us back!!!!
Everyone here is so friendly.
STAY STRONG!!!!!! Keep burning those calories!!!!

love,
shasta
Old 10-21-2001, 09:20 PM   #3  

Angry

Hi Shasta, this looks like a great place!,
Thanks, I think I will join you in the exercise forum too!
Hope your day is going good.
I am sore from some exercise.
Love ya Kathlean
Old 10-22-2001, 04:39 AM   #4  
Work in Progress

Kathlean,
Welcome to a wonderful, it very qiuet on the weekend place. LOL. There is alot of information, knowledge abd support here!!!
Congrats on the weightloss so far!! It's a long road but well worth It. As you probably have already seen we have lots of regular threads and please hop in anywhere.
Nice to meet you
Old 10-22-2001, 08:57 AM   #5  

Welcome Kathlean!!! Your right, this is a wonderful place. Full of support, inspiration and encouragement. Believe me, if you ever need someone to give you a swift kick in the butt to get you going, you can find that person here. if you ever need to cry, vent, scream..you can do it here. This is really a special group of people, for I would be lost without it. Really really lost! lol
Your whole outlook on your weightloss goals is quite refreshing, for lack of a bette word. Your looking at the long term, the health reasons, the reality of it all. It's so so easy for it all to come back, as we all have learned the hard way. It will be 2 years come January, that I've been losing. Very very slow, but I'll get there. I am now hoping to reach goal and maintain by this coming summer. Welcome again, am sure your going to enjoy this group. Make yourself at home..
Old 10-22-2001, 11:47 AM   #6  
gbo

Welcome and I can assure you , you will never be sorry you joined this nutty and totally terrific group of people. We all have struggled and have the great day's and really , really bad ones. Read everything and post as much as possible ,everyday it will be the key to keeping you on track. I to have lost 34 lbs and have 170 lbs to go. So come on in get comfy and feel free to express what ever you need to. Everyone cares and will stand by you through out your journey to reclaim your life. Check out the profiles and rededication threads and you will see you are in with a group that has fought and is fighting all the same battles. You are far from alone in this. Take time to play a little too just to keep yourself sane!!! Take care.
Pam
Old 10-22-2001, 01:28 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Welcome to our Group!!!!

How great to have another member!!! You are on a great journey and we will be with you every step of the way!!!! Glad to have you! Welcome! Welcome!
Old 10-22-2001, 09:47 PM   #8  

Thumbs down

Hi Everyone, thanks so much for the warm welcome!!!!
Nice to meet you Shasta(here), 1fralick, Jenniffer, gbo, and Jacobs Mommy... I will be reading and look forward to getting to know yall. ... I know I said I would do it healthy but today I am feeling REALLY impatient LOL,
Well we will keep on trucking anyway!!!
Love Kathlean
Old 10-23-2001, 10:36 AM   #9  

Kathlean..Oh, there will be plenty of days where your impatient, believe me. ANd then there will be days where you feel like pulling your hair out. And then there are those lovely days where you feel so confident and good about yourself, nothing will stress you. t's up and down, constantly. It's just nice to have so many people doing it with you. One day at a time..we will all get there.
Old 10-23-2001, 11:26 AM   #10  

Exclamation A new day!!!!

Hi Kathlean:
How's you?????
SOunds like your doing great!!!!
I'm back on my calorie Diet....It feels so good!!!!
I noticed I feel better when I am doing good on my calories, I don't know if that's physcoligical or what.
I want to excercise five days this week.
Back to burning that butter!!!!
Didn't I tell ya this was just a wonderful place to get support.....I love it here!!!!!!
Hope your burning that BUTTER !!!!
Keep the faith girl....

love,
shasta
Old 10-24-2001, 05:39 AM   #11  

Wink

Hi yall, Hey Jeniffer isnt it the truth, OK getting my patience back a little.
Hey Shasta, your right this is a cool place so much to look at and Great people!!
We are burning the butter, HOw is your day going.
I will be doing another bike run.. want to chat soon. Let me know we can plan it over the weekend?
Love ya's
Kathlean
Closed Thread