3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I am new here (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/103503-i-am-new-here.html)

Munch7 01-30-2007 09:48 PM

I am new here

Hi everyone,

I am new here and just wanted to come in and say Hi.

I am at a point in my life, where I need all the help and support that I can get. I have 1/2 of my body weight to lose, and it just seems overwhelming.

For some reason, I sabbatoge myself at every turn. I just don't know what is wrong with me. But now I am to the point that I am getting older, and if I don't gain some control over my weight, I will drop dead of a heart attack soon. I am not ready for that. So I hope you will share with me your plans and ideas and that I can lean on all of you now that I am ready to start this journey.

MaWhit 01-30-2007 09:50 PM

Welcome! You can do it!

SexyRevealed 01-30-2007 09:59 PM

Hi and welcome!!!

I know this is so cliche', but you really do have to take it one day at a time. If you can eat right today and exercise today, then you have done all you can do.

With all of my past failures (which I have banned myself from speaking or even thinking about), I'm coming to realize that 99.99% of this is mental. Once your mind is on the right path, the other things come naturally. That's why this forum is so wonderful. So many supportive ladies and positive mentalities. You will feel right at home.

Good luck and keep posting!!!

shrinkingchica 01-30-2007 10:18 PM

Welcome to another Sandi on the board! :)

jtammy 01-30-2007 10:34 PM

Welcome,

I agree with Tiffany that so much of weight loss is mental. You can do this!

What will you be doing for your food plan? Have you seen websites like fitday.com where you can track your calories?

rockinrobin 01-30-2007 11:01 PM

Am I reading correctly, are you another 5 footer? Cause that's what I am. I felt exactly the same way as you. I had an overwhelming amount of weight to lose as well. I still have quite a bit more to lose in fact. But you start chipping away at it pound by pound. And before you know it what once seemed insurmountable is a real possiblity and well within reach. It really is doable. The right state of mind is ESSENTIAL. With determination you really, really can do this. The more you do it, the more determined you become.

I'm glad you've found 3FC and the 100 lb club. This is truly a great place for support, advice and encouragement. Looking forward to getting to know you. Good luck. Hope to hear from you soon.

debsarooni 01-31-2007 03:24 AM

:) Welcome Munch

carol2208 01-31-2007 05:17 AM

Hi !! Welcome !

You can do this !! And you will feel so much better as the pounds start to drop ...

Cheryl14 01-31-2007 06:17 AM

Hi Sandi!

Welcome!:wel3fc:

You found a GREAT place! Each of us stood or are standing right where you are today when we began our weight loss. We KNOW how you are feeling, and we are there for you, Sandi!!:)

You have made a HUGE step in admitting that you need to lose weight! So many of us stay in denial for way too long! Congratulations for making the move to health and happiness!:val1:

Make yourself a nice cup of tea, and sit and read awhile! There are SOOOOO many tips here and great people to meet!

Good luck on the beginning of your journey!:carrot:

Cheryl

TempleBody 01-31-2007 07:56 AM

Welcome to the group. I don't have many tips and advises for you cause I'm really just starting out. (I think my weightloss was just due to breastfeeding.) My advise is go with a whole foods lifestyle & lay some rules down for your home...atleast that is what I've done so far. Anyway, you have taken the first step. :D

GirlyGirlSebas 01-31-2007 07:59 AM

:welcome2: So glad you decided to join us! We are here to provide all of the encouragement and support you need. Have you read the NSV threads and the mini-goals threads? These threads are very encouraging and are full of posts from women just like us who are changing their lives and getting healthier and slimmer.

Mrs Quadcrew 01-31-2007 10:00 AM

Welcome - you've just found the best support site on the web!! We have some wonderful folks on here that will get you through the tough times. Make a hot cup of tea (I put Benefiber in mine so it fills me up too!) and enjoy reading all the good ideas on here!

EnglishMuffin 01-31-2007 10:59 AM

Hi,

We've all felt exactly the same as you're feeling right now - like it's impossible. But you do really just have to take that first step and take it a day/ a week at a time and the weight will consistently come off until you've lost half your body weight. It won't happen overnight but it will happen if you work at it. Good luck with it.

EM