Old 01-30-2007, 10:07 AM   #16  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Thanks SO much Robin, Rhonda, and Sharon!

You have given me some more things that I can tweek as I fight my stubborn body to GIVE UP some more pounds to the cause!

I've been drinking hot tea of late and have been adding Sweet 'n Low to it. I'll stop that. I have an occasional diet soda with artificial sweetener, too, so I'll quit that.

As to fiber, I easily can add a salad at lunch, and go back to eating more C.C. Bran Crispbread crackers (16 calories and 3 grams of fiber for one cracker) as snacks with some lowfat Laughing Cow cheese, a protein.

I KNOW that my peanut butter COULD be a culprit! LOVE that Crunchy Jif! Will try to stay away from that as a snack!

I WAS having Eggbeaters and veggies there for awhile for breakfast. I also have been known to warm up chicken from the night before and have it for breakfast. Lately I have been in a hurry to get SOMETHING into my stomach quickly after an hour of snow shoveling!

I've drastically reduced my OJ intake over the years! I used to have a HUGE glass several times a day. I DO like a bit, though, because it makes my pill taking more palatable. I take a Slow Iron pill, two Osteo-Byflex, my Weight Smart One-a-Day vitamin and a New Phase for menopausal symptoms. I suspect that the menopause is causing some of the slowdown in weight loss, too.

LOVE walnuts and almonds! Will pick ONE a day and leave it at that!

No, Robin, I don't have a FitDay account. Is there a charge for it? I usually look on the labels of foods and measure amounts. I also use my Calorie King book.

Thanks all! I am off to TURBO JAM! LOVE that! At least I am seeing GREAT results from my exercise even though my scale appears to be glued into place at 209 now!

I really appreciate all the time that you have taken to analyze my diet/exercise and your efforts to try to come up with some things that COULD be causing this scale standoff! I can do this, but I know I REALLY can do this thanks to all of you guys!

Hugs!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:37 AM   #17  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Fitday is FREE Cheryl. Just log right on, register and you're in. I really think you should look into it. It just may be a eye opener for you.

I know peanut butter is yummy and it is high in protein, but it's also high in fat and sugar, which also leads to more cravings. In the beginning I ate it more often. Now, hardly ever. My 2 favorite snacks are Danon Lit and Fit yougurt, 60 cals. Sometimes if it's crunch I'm looking for I add a tablespoon of Kashi Go Lean cereal to it. My other fav is Jello sugar free 60 cal. puddings. They have some great flavors. Sometimes I add a squirt of fat free reddi whip whipped cream and some berries. When I first started out I couldn't have them in the house, I was afraid I'd eat them all at one time. But since I've discovered control I am never without them.

Another thing, you may not wanna hear it though. Even if you ARE eating only 1600-1800 cals, that just might be a maintanence # for you and not a losing #. If you've ever gone on the Living Maintance forum you will see that the ladies calories vary greatly, but many of them are eating 1800 calories and BELOW, way below. I don't even wanna THINK about that right now.

My typical day breaks down like this.

Breakfast - under 250 cals
Lunch - under 300 cal,
Dinner - under 500 cals
Snacks - between 200 & 400 depending on how munched I am during the day.

I've certainly had days where I am higher then that, like last night I ate 2 pieces of chicken instead of one. My daughter didn't wind up eating at home, so naturally I shoved her piece down my throat. But that's okay, over a week time, it's no big deal and it was chicken.

I'm headed out for a few hours, if you want specific food items, I'll be glad to fill that in as well.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:39 PM   #18  
On my way to 160!

Hi Robin!

Thanks for the info!

I just noticed that you made it to 199!

CONGRATULATIONS!

I'll check out FitDay tonight!

I was wondering about the number of calories I have been eating, too. Stands to reason that 1600-1800 calories COULD VERY WELL BE a maintenance amount for me! Yikes!!!

Cheryl
Old 01-30-2007, 02:38 PM   #19  
No description available.

Hi Cheryl,
Taking your iron with the oj is a good idea and I do not think that such a small portion of the juice is plateauing you!

I concur with the Fitday account. For your activity, you may even need to up your calories. I have read accounts on here from women who increase their calories and then begin to lose again.

Good luck...
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:58 PM   #20  

I know i am going to be repeating what everyone is already saying but good luck and i would cut the red meat as much as possible but dont give it up, i mean if you enjoy it have it every once in a while to reward yourself. Eat lots of vegetables and of course stay away from processed foods. As for the HFCS, i think its ok in moderation. Good luck, i think its great you are trying to have a healthier lifestyle.
VelVeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:00 PM   #21  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

Hummmmmm my steel cut Oatmeal comes fedex tomorrow
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 05:08 PM   #22  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I don't eat hardly any red meat anymore, maybe 1-4 times a month as a treat, and it hasn't helped with my weight loss efforts. (I was told to cut down on the animal protein, ALL animal protein, by my kidney doctor) It's a tough road to hoe, but it works. I usually eat mostly veg during the week & on the weekends I am a bit more relaxed, especially if I am a guest in someone else's home.

It might be time to up the exercise, or even up the plant based proteins. You will have to see what workd for you.

Good luck & congrats on breaking the plateau.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:09 PM   #23  
On my way to 160!

Default Set up my FitDay Account!

Hi Robin!

I set up my FitDay Account this evening! Thanks for the tip! It took awhile because I was shoveling snow for the THIRD TIME today, helping my son with homework, proofreading my husband's report, baking a pie for my skinny husband and son, making dinner, and talking to my neighbor on the phone WHILE I was doing it! I HAVE to quit multi-tasking! Did you know that multitaskers are actually LESS efficient?!!!! OK...any way, now here's the info:

Calories eaten today: 1183

Calories burned today: 3622 (1614-Basal, 987-Lifestyle, Activities-1020)

I have a few questions:

On the "Nutrition" report I had a lot of my numbers in the red. How do I input the multivitamin info and iron supplement that I take into the mix? I'm guessing that would put me more in the black.

Is there a place on FitDay where they tell you whether your percentages of fat/carb/protein are sufficient for your age, gender, etc.?

This was a HOOT to finally finish!

Cheryl
Old 01-30-2007, 07:14 PM   #24  
On my way to 160!

Thanks for the input midwife, velVeeta,and Suchaprettyface!

I'm willing to take anything and everything into consideration on this QUEST TO ONEderland!!!

Did you guys notice Robin made it to ONEderland?!!!!

Cheryl
Old 01-30-2007, 07:21 PM   #25  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl14 View Post
I suspect that the menopause is causing some of the slowdown in weight loss, too.
Cheryl
OH, I hear you! Since my hysterectomy, my weight has gone up and up and it takes a whole lotta effort to lose each and every pound. On another site I visit (I dont think I'm allowed to say the name on here, but its for women who've had hysterectomies) many of the women that are in menopause are losing weight successfully by limiting sugar, eating more protein and eating more often....and getting tons of cardio exercise. Studies have shown that there is a high incidence of insulin resistance for menopausal women. I've tried several diets over the last 2 years with very little results. I'm finally losing with Southbeach and lots of exercise. Of course, every woman's body is different and what works for me might not work for you. But, it might be worth checking into.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:28 PM   #26  
On my way to 160!

Hi Rhonda!

I wrote down the four tips you gave me and will be sure that I implement them! Thank you!

Cheryl
Old 01-30-2007, 10:21 PM   #27  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

1183??? That's certainly not 1600-1800. You're not losing on THAT? Whoa. Or have you just started eating so little? Cause if that's what you've been doing, I don't see how you could possibly cutback on calories. But I do agree it is better to stick with high protein, veggies and low sugar. Certain calories are better then others. I have practically eliminated added sugars completely. That's another reason that I limit my fruit intake. Too high in sugar for me.

I'm not a fitday fanatic. Surprisingly so, I'm an everything else fanatic. Did I mention I bought a pedometer today? For me, I don't even bother putting in my activities. I don't find it accurate enough and I find it too tedious. I simply use it for calories and nutritional info. So, I really can't help you with any of those questions, sorry.

If your sticking to 1200 calories and shoveling all that snow, the weight is bound to come off. Just why do you have so much darn snow anyway?!?!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:23 PM   #28  
On my way to 160!

Hi Robin!

I just put in what I ate today, and that's what came out! I DID watch my carbs at dinner because I made pierogies for my family (request!). I can SOOOOOOOOOOO easily overeat pierogies, so I purposely ate the "serving size" of three pierogies which was 210 calories and that was IT! I filled up on salad and water.

I had no artificial sugar today.

I had a Fiber One Oats and Peanut butter bar at 150 calories and 9 grams of fiber and also one of my bran crisp crackers (3 grams of fiber and just 18 calories).

I had turkey on my bran crisp cracker and a small piece of grilled chicken as well as the milk on my morning cereal for protein.

I did not have any peanut butter today.

I drank three liters of water today and no tea or Diet Pepsi.

I tried to pay attention to as many suggestions as I could from all of the helpful people who responded to my meat thread.

I will have more shoveling to do tomorrow UNLESS there is a Snow Day for my husband and son, so I'm getting plenty of weight lifting in addition to my Turbo Jam!

They said that we have a northern wind pattern from Canada that is sending us all the lake effect snow. We are used to it, having lived here for 30 years in the snow belt but have been spoiled due to very unseasonable warmer weather...until NOW!

I found out some info on percentages of fats, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber, etc. but I was just wondering if FitDay analyzed everything like they did the nutrition section. Maybe something like that is available in the PC version that apparently you must BUY.

Thanks for getting me interested in FitDay! It was time consuming but very interesting and certainly helpful in many ways!

I hope to see that scale move SOON! (Wouldn't it be funny if I found that my scale had been BROKEN all along and I really weighed a lot MORE or a lot LESS than I really thought?!!! Big nightmare meets big DREAM!

Take care!

Cheryl

Cheryl
Old 01-31-2007, 01:12 AM   #29  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Have you tried eating Goat or Lambe meat instead of beef? I can't really deal with the gamey taste of lamb, but I love to have goat. It's very yummy & I believe it has less calories and fat then beef, but at the same time more protein. (Might wanna double check the specifics).
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote