How to stop the weekend weight gain

• I got this article in my e-mail and thought I'd share. It has lots of great tips and I know I'm not the only one who really struggles come the weekend to stay on plan.

http://onhealth.webmd.com/script/mai...wnl_wlw_012707
  • Thanks for sharing.
  • That article is definitely a keeper!

I have started taking an apple and some water with me whenever I leave the house so when the grumblies hit I am ready with something nutritious and non-fattening. I also have been eating something BEFORE we go out to dinner. I'm amazed how much easier it is for me NOT to eat the whole bread basket or the whole container of chips on the table IF I eat something before I get to the restaurant!

I used to think that people were weird to NEED to take away part of their food in a container or "doggie bag", but now I see that these people were just being SMART! Today for lunch I had the other half of some cavatelli with mushrooms that I had the other day at a restaurant. It was delicious, and I know that there was NO WAY that I needed it and the other half all at one time the other day when we ate out.

Thanks for sharing the great article!

I'm working on eating S-L-O-W-L-Y !!!!

Cheryl
  • Thanks! This is my biggest struggle. When we went to the mall on Saturday, I grabbed a Zone bar just in case. And sure enough, I got hungry... Hmm, right around the time we passed the Cinnabon stand. Coincidence? LOL.

But my biggest problem is the lack of structure that the weekends have. I try to eat every 2-3 hours, and my timing gets thrown off big time. I did OK this past weekend, expect Saturday night dinner. But I'm back on track, which is an achievement in itself.
  • I have gotten to the point that when I go to the restaurant I ask the waitress to get half of my meal put into a box in the kitchen and if they won't to bring a box with my meal.

That way I don't finish what is on my plate out of habit. (I have grown to hate the clean plate club that I belonged to as a child.... LOL)

I have to remember to slowly as well... right now I am working on putting my utensil down between bites and silently counting to 10.........