Old 01-22-2007, 11:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/220/129

Height: 5'5"

Default Valentine's Day

What are your food plans for Valentine's Day?

I have two dinner options on the Saturday preceeding Valentine's Day, either

1) a charity ball where the food fare is heavy hors d'ourves and cocktails

or

2) dinner at a new restaurant & bar (with live entertainment) everyone is raving about

Either one is going to be off my food plan but I sure don't want to pass up a nice evening out with my husband simply because neither option fits my food plan.

How are you going to celebrate Valentine's Day? Will you stay on your food plan?
PattyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:43 AM   #2  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Keeping the entire week leading up to V day very, very light and then going where DH wants to go...and then just being careful with my selections. It should all even out in the long run.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:53 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I'm not sure yet exactly what we will be doing. I plan to stay mostly on track, definitely allowing myself a few extra calories if I want them. I will make good and healthy choices where ever we wind up. I will enjoy myself and if I want a small piece of something high calorie I will have it. I don't look at it as being off plan. That's actually PART of my plan - to occassionaly eat higher calorie foods. Whether for a birthday, holiday or Valentine's Day. I couldn't do this for life if I thought of the occasional treat as a cheat, too much negativity for me. So therefore, I kinda PLAN for it and allow it to myself. We're human, we need to enjoy ourselves from time to time, and yes let's face it food IS enjoyable.

Both options sound really lovely. Enjoy.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:17 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

My hubby will probably make something special for dinner and I bet it will be on plan. He is really excited that the two of us are doing this together. Maybe I can get a small piece of jewelry instead of the chocolates I get every year!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Maybe I can get a small piece of jewelry instead of the chocolates I get every year!
That is a great idea there ~ I am an avid ATV rider, so I am going to "ask" for something related to that! (maybe a weekend riding in WV??)
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:29 PM   #6  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

After cooking for over thirty years, I always enjoy letting someone else do the cooking. I order sensibly and bring half of my dinner home. That way I can have a slice or even two IF they have great bread (no butter for the new me). I'd rather have bread than dessert, so he'll order HIS dessert and I will enjoy a second cup of coffee knowing I won't have to exercise even more than usual to work off something I never should have eaten anyway!

I am determined to have my mother-of the-groom dress fit well or even be LOOSE this August. I have to go down another size by then, but I'd rather go down TWO!

Good Luck and have a GREAT time at either event!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:32 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I don't think we'll do anything special for valentine's day. For me, it truly is just another day.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:35 AM   #8  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I recommend burning calories in as many "creative ways" as possible.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:20 AM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Oh that is a definite!
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:02 PM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You mean we have to wait til Valentine's Day to do that? Ummm, I think NOT.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:50 PM   #11  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hmmm.....we are buying a new king sized extra soft bed this weekend. And, I'm in the process of re-decorating our room. I'd say that Valentines Day is good time to have it finished.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:18 PM   #12  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Having a new room is really good for your romantic life! I know that when we redid ours it was like our little love nest! Sounds fun Rhonda!

As far as V-day goes, we probably won't go out. We might try for a lunch around that day, but we hate the crowds at all the restaurants. We always do "Acts of Kindness" on V-day so we don't do gifts either. I'm sure we'll make something yummy - something that our whole family will like. We celebrate as a family during the day, and our celebration as a couple is for later in the evening!
HottieInHiding is offline   Reply With Quote