Stuck at 190!!

• I am stuck for the last two weeks at 190.....
    I cant work out because of my back..... I want to see 189..... so bad!!!!!
  • Well, I've been stuck at 205.5 for three weeks. What the heck is going on?
    I'm changing my scale to metric so I weigh under 100!
  • Hang in there, CyberGypsy! Your body's probably shifting and needs to catch up. Look for inch loss.

Keep up the good work!
  • Hi Sandy...How frustrating! Keep telling yourself that its only a plateau and you will get past it soon. As Nancy said, make sure to take some measurements and watch how your're clothes are fitting. The scale may not be moving, but I bet the inches are. Hang in there!
  • Hi, Sandy!

Girl! I KNOW what ya mean! I have been at 210 so long that I actually asked my son to get on the scale to see if the scale WAS CAPABLE of measuring LESS THAN 210 pounds!!!!!

I have been at 210 for eight months!

Yes, I AM losing inches due to exercise, and yes, I can wear smaller sized clothing than I did earlier in the eight months of time. I STILL want to see that scale number M-O-V-E!!!

I have increased fiber and added an additional workout time each day. Neither have helped move that number to a lower one. I drink plenty of water and keep my calories between 1600-1800, too.

FRUSTRATING!!!!!

Cheryl
  • Maybe it's time to stir things up a bit. Maybe do some swithching around. Increase your exercise a bit, increase your water intake a bit, eliminate a 100 calories or so from your day a couple of times a week.

I gotta tell you I am absolutely DREADING the day I am stuck at a number. But hey, at least you didn't gain. Right? And it's only been 2 weeks. HAng in there. The scale will drop.
  • Hi,

It's very frustrating isn't it. I've had a number of very long plateaus - it's natural. I took comfort in reading that this happens to people who follow medically supervised very low calorie diets - so the cals can be right, you can be doing the right amount of exercise and your body will just say nope not losing any more weight for a while. Hang in there as I promise you the scales will get moving again but you might have to be patient.
  • I feel like i am stuck........I have been good though