Old 01-21-2007, 11:52 AM   #16  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Have the ribs, I think every now and again is ok. I had already hit 1000 calories for the day. Also I think i was trying to some how convince myself they were 500 calories and just wouldn't be that bad. I think that is when the problem comes in. The applesbees by me does come with all the friends so I can see 2000 calories.

For me I can't see myself never eating another riblet again, but my typical meal at applebees was an appetizer, a mucho mudslide, meal, and walnut blondie with dessert. After that I was done for the day (I usually went in the afternoon). I am guessing I was at about 3-4 calories after all of that.

I think if you make informed choices and are honest with what your doing....thats fine. I was eating applebees anywhere from 1-2 times a week on top of eating out a couple times a week, no excercise and little veggies and fruit.

Gee I wonder how I ended up at 357 lbs.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbar View Post
I admit it!!!! I admit it. I had the ribs at applebees tonight!!! I DID IT. It sounds weird.. but I'm okay with it. It was planned. I was good all week - very light today in calories today. I ORDERED IT. Was it worth it? You bet ya! (2000 calories is a bit much - but ribs are my favourite meal) Why? because it was planned. I have zero guilt. I haven't snacked after that meal at all. Just drinking lots of water.

I do, however, find it hard to believe the stats for the ribs (click on my fitday.com for the details.) It's a small amount of ribs. honest! They didn't come with beans and slaw like calorieking.com states. Just ribs and the best friend - fries. There were about 2 cups worth of french fries and 4 small lengths of ribs. They came in a tiny basket. I had water with dinner. Everyone else had dessert, I didn't

If the ribs really are worth over 2000 calories - I think I'd rather have a big mac at 590 calories - big difference!

fyi.. I go out for a sit down dinner about 3 - 4 times a year.. Max.. so this was a big deal. (I took my daughter and her friends to see the cheetah girls!!)
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:56 AM   #17  
Intuituve Eater

I can remember considering fruits and vegtables as things that just messed up food. Why did I need all of that. When I had good ole meat and rice.

Yesterday I made my mega veggie egg white omlet and didn't put any ketchup on it because I thought it would take away the taste of the vegetables.......LOL nice change and victory I think

I was even looking forward to it all week and excited saturday morning I would have time to make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbar View Post
Colleen.. that very much sounds like days I've had! I would go a week with out a single fruit or vegetable - easily.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:13 PM   #18  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaQueenLucy View Post
with a DIET coke...I don't know what I thought that diet coke was gonna do.
Hey even that Diet Coke helped! Better than another 300 calories from the soda. I always drink Diet Coke, I was raised on Tab and Diet Rite! So sugared sodas to me are too sweet.

Anyone order extra drinks with all their food from the Fast Food so that the people you order from will think it's for 2 people (or 3!) instead of all for you! Or I used to go to Taco Bell - either eat the food or hide the bag and also go to McD's or Hardees as well!

How about the Ultimate CHeeseburger from jack in the box? or the sourdough burger from Hardees? over a 1000 calories and 75 grams of fat! That's with no "friends"! lol

I've eaten - a box of Little Debbie Brownies, whole bags of "Treasures" "Promises"or "Kisses" (They make them sound so good!), 16 slices of white bread - 8 ham and cheese lunchmeat and 8 american cheese slices! (This was a real comfort thing for me - I just make sandwich after sandwich and eat them numbly - not really even tasting or enjoying.)

Uggh... I over ate stirfry last night and I felt uncomfortable. It was Chicken and Veggies! It's amazing how fast we can get used to new habits, unfortunately we can also get used to the old habits again as well. I agree with Charbar - you can plan for meals like that. It just needs to not be a regular thing, like it used to be!

Oh boy - wake up call. I can't believe I admitted all this
HottieInHiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:37 PM   #19  
Intuituve Eater

I am actually still pretty guilty of this one. I like the premade salads at my supermarket because they only give you a little dressing and I won't get crazy. I am more of a fruit person. I am good for sticking a couple in my bag for work.

I ate everything in my car, throw everything out and no would ever know. I also live alone, so when people saw me eat it was ok. At home was another story.

Also I just didn't cook, I think I only made sunday breakfast and maybe sunday dinner just about everything else was eating out.

I think I've saved at least 100 bucks a week cooking at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
A single week? Ha - how about a single month? Well, that's not really true - I did eat salad - as long as it was DRENCHED in high fat/high calorie dressing.

Fruit, definitely went weeks without em, well you normally don't dress fruit, do you?
Old 01-21-2007, 02:11 PM   #20  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Rhonda.. that is a great change.. wow! How did you feel the first week cutting out the sugar? did you go slow or cold turkey?
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote