Old 01-16-2007, 01:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

Unhappy Bad news=eating binge=+4pounds

Hi all it has been a while since I was around here but I am back with my tail between my legs. I had gone to the Doctor back in December and gotten some pretty bad news, that I had both rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis and that I needed to stop walking for now because it is causing more damage to my knees.

I took that news and had a great big pity party for myself with all the "goodies" and convicted myself that it was OK to do this that it isn't that bad that I weigh this much and now that my only form of exercise has been cut off what is the use of even trying.

It is really hard for me to come back here with such a failure but I did make a promise to myself that I would come here to help me stay accountable.....so here I am. As soon as I can afford to I am going to get a recumbent bike because that is what the doctor recommend and have been back to eating right for 2 days now. I struggled with it for about 10 days. I am really down about it all right now. Thanks for listening.

Last edited by DramaQueenLucy; 01-17-2007 at 01:42 PM.
DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:35 PM   #2  

Hey.. Welcome back..
Good job on eating right for two days nows.. The first few days is always so tuff for me.
I know all about them pity parties.. I have been to a few of them myself lately.
I know you must feel so down and out.. But you are at the right place.
All we can do is take it one day at a time. Baby steps.. I have lost over 100 lbs now and I still take baby steps.
Hang in there!!!!!
wchs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:36 PM   #3  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Colleen

I'm so proud of you

I'm proud of you for coming back
I'm proud of you for only gaining back 4 pounds!!!
And I'm proud of you for finding a new form of exercise to replace the walking!

I think you can get a recumbant bike for a pretty good price these day...just don't wait too long, OK?

You are back on plan and that is wonderful!

Let the past go and lets move on into the future
You have still lost 39 POUNDS!!!!

That's an amazing accomplishment!

Be proud of yourself, forgive yourself and hold your head high!!!!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:37 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yay!!!! you're back, you've been missed!!

I am so very sorry to hear about your arthritis. But there are plenty of things that you CAN do. At a gym they are probably very experienced at this type of thing and will be able to guide you in the right direction. If not there are plenty of other resources to find out some information as to what kind of exercises that you can do. Hang in there. You will find something.

You are certainly NOT a failure. Failure is giving up totally and here you are back on plan for 2 whole days already. That's a great start. And don't you know we'll take you here no matter what, through the success and the struggles. That's probably when you'd benefit the most. You can do this, it might be a little more difficult, but then it will also be that much more rewarding. I'm glad you're back. You absolutely, positively, without a doubt CAN do this.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:38 PM   #5  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I'm so sorry for your bad news, Colleen! But really glad you're back. We have used exercise equipment stores here. Not sure if they have them in your neck of the woods, but maybe worth looking for when the time is right.

Take care,
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:09 PM   #6  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

As all the others mentioned, I'm really sorry to hear about your diagnoses. I know that has to be hard to deal with. However, like famograham said, I am proud of you for coming back and trying again. It shows your heart is in the right place, and soon your body will follow! We are all right there with you and want to be an encouragement to you.

I hope you will be encouraged and keep on making those good choices like you have the past 2 days. Hopefully the doctors can help you and you will be able to get the bike soon. I'm sure that will be a great help.

Here's a hug to help you know you are not alone. (((((hugs)))))
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:32 PM   #7  

Thanks for the warm welcome back...I just love you guys I have found a recumbent bike at wallyworld for $110.00 so that is good news I will have enough in two weeks to get it They are way cheaper then the last time I checked. I can't really go to the gym on a regular basis due to my lack of a babysitter & funds to pay them so I hope that having this bike will really help me.

I feel really charged up right now, like I can really do this I am focusing on the smaller goals right now 10lbs or so. Trying really hard to not think about the big picture but did finally take a picture of myself now...not at my starting weight and posted it to the fridge, cabinet & steering wheel to remind myself of what I look like, I seem to overlook it everyday when I look in the mirror so this has been helping me. Now some people may think that I am just a bit stuck up for having my own picture taped to the steering wheel of my car but that is to keep myself out of the drive-thrus...lol
Old 01-16-2007, 03:43 PM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome back! Here's a hug for you You have not failed, you merely hit a bump in your road.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:22 PM   #9  

I must be an old softy but I am sitting here crying because of all the encouragement I have gotten from these posts, not feeling alone anymore. I missed coming here but was so embarrassed about my slip that I didn't want to now I feel so silly about staying away when I needed to be here most.

Last edited by DramaQueenLucy; 01-16-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:29 PM   #10  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Aw, that's okay! It is better to be an old softy than old and hard hearted. I heard recently a man told his son if his head leaked (crying) it would prevent it from swelling (pride). So....tears are a good thing. And I am glad you came back (even though I'm new and don't know you from before). It gives me courage to face things myself! Have a great evening!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:03 PM   #11  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back Colleen! I'm sorry to hear about the arthritis diagnosis but I'm happy to see you back here and so focused on eating healthy. I personally think that it is amazing that you only gained 4 lbs! I think you must have a little bit more control than you gave yourself credit for. I'm looking forward to seeing more posts from you now that you're back!
Melissa
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:04 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 329/223/147

Height: 5ft5

Hi Colleen,

The important thing is getting back on track as quickly as possible. I, I'm sure others, have weeks like this where our eating goes a bit off the rails. I've been at this for two years and probably have had some difficult periods where I reverted back to old habits - it happens and you if you've spent your whole life overeating it's always going to - but the trick is to make sure it doesn't happen for long. Sounds like you have the skills to shake yourself out of that cycle and just address the small weight gain - and it is small (most of it will be fluid also!) - no damage done. Well done as you've done the hard bit.

EM
EnglishMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:30 AM   #13  

I feel like I really am back on track for now...I was wanting to exercise...who ME..really??? Yea, me really!!!! Did a little with weights last night until I get the bike I will do the toning stuff that I can do. I am even drinking my water and that was one of the hardest for me!!!!

Hugs all around