Old 01-17-2007, 01:43 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I wouldn't mind jumping in - I am really trying to get SUPER commited for the next 3 weeks and 4 days. I set a little goal for myself to stick to my plan for 4 weeks, I haven't figured out if i'll reward myself yet. I am too focused on staying on things.

My commitment for tomorrow, Wednesday.
1) eat all my planned and packed meals,
2) Drinking nothing but my coffee and water,
3) And finally, to be relaxed and calm throughout the day. I've been getting some funky headaches and stress is making them SO much worse.

Sheila - we got a little snow, but nothing like what you are dealing with! It's supposed to be warm the next week or so.. so that snow AND ice should be gone soon

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:39 AM   #17  

Okay, I'm ready!! I've been visiting here for almost a week and I guess as of last night I'm really ready to join in. I've been faking it all week -- I've done good some days, horrible others. And, magically I still expect to lose weight. Everyone here is doing so well and sometimes still struggling like I am -- I guess I was hoping that I would develop the willpower of a super hero, but you know it's just one day at a time. I should have known buying my son brownies for his lunches was a bad idea!! As usual, he did not get one in his lunch today and doesn't even know they were here because I sat and ate them all last night -- stupid me!! Even my skinny family doesn't need that kind of junk anyway, so why do I bring it in the house??

So -- this is it -- I want to be a normal, nonplus size by the end of the year and it's going to take some serious work from me. Every year ends depressed but I just don't get there. This is definitely the one that's going to end with a big celebration!!!

Goals for today --
To make it to midnight without going off my plan
To get in my hour of exercise
To drop the soda and get my butt in gear drinking water
To relax and stop obsessing over what junk I can eat when no one is looking.
To come back to you guys whenever I'm having a rough time instead of heading for the kitchen.

Hope everyone has an amazing day.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:39 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby897 View Post
Okay, I'm ready!! I've been visiting here for almost a week and I guess as of last night I'm really ready to join in. I've been faking it all week -- I've done good some days, horrible others. And, magically I still expect to lose weight. Everyone here is doing so well and sometimes still struggling like I am -- I guess I was hoping that I would develop the willpower of a super hero, but you know it's just one day at a time. I should have known buying my son brownies for his lunches was a bad idea!! As usual, he did not get one in his lunch today and doesn't even know they were here because I sat and ate them all last night -- stupid me!! Even my skinny family doesn't need that kind of junk anyway, so why do I bring it in the house??
Just wanted to remind you that you are not alone...check out this thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99266

Just for today

1) I will stay out of the pity party trap
2) I will drink water
3) I will eat my planned meals
4) I will come here before breakfast, lunch & dinner to keep myself accountable for my actions.
5) I will look at and really see myself in the mirror or at my currant picture.
6) I will be good to myself....because I deserve it!!!!

Happy Healthy day to all.

Last edited by DramaQueenLucy; 01-17-2007 at 07:48 AM.
DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:59 AM   #19  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hello, Everyone! Hope you're having a great day with a lot of exercise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Today's commitments -
1) Exercise - 45 minutes of cardio
2) Eat all scheduled meals and snacks to keep metabolism from stalling.
3) Start taking a multi-vitamin each day.
I've been feeling a little run down and blah for the last two days. Getting through my workouts has been really tough. But, I'm pushing through it! Not quitting!

Today's commitments -
1) Go to be early tonight and get 7-8 hours of sleep.
2) Take multivitamin
3) Eat all scheduled meals and snacks and measure everything. Make sure I'm eating enough!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:05 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

My daily commitments:

1. Get my 30 minute walk in (done!)
2. Laundry looms over my head (actually in my basement) get up and down those stairs to get it done for this week!
3. Make out my grocery list (I want a permanent one and a weekly one)
4. Keep on keepin' on ~ it's WORKING!!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:57 AM   #21  
Fit by 50!

S/C/G: 265/262/165

Height: 5'4"

Hi Shelby, Linda, RitzyFritz, Rhonda, Mrs Quad, NE, Sheila, LostBombera, Aimee and Lucy -

Thanks for being here!!! I love the support and determination, it helps LOTS.

I stayed to my food plan calorie-wise yesterday. I really need to come up with some good protein options that don't include eggs. Eggs totally blow my fat and cholesterol counts. I eat a fair amount of chicken and turkey, but run out of ideas for breakfast and packing lunch.

No exercise yesterday, but I'm going to take this slow. The biggest hurdle to get over was to get control back over my food. I've done that! I've had headaches all week, too, so I'm okay with not getting in the exercise until the weekend.

TODAY'S COMMITMENTS
Water - drink 64 oz
Food - stay between 1800-200 calories

YAY! We can do this!

Nancydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:22 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancydream View Post
I stayed to my food plan calorie-wise yesterday. I really need to come up with some good protein options that don't include eggs. Eggs totally blow my fat and cholesterol counts. I eat a fair amount of chicken and turkey, but run out of ideas for breakfast and packing lunch.
I get the lean cuisines meals and bring those with me for lunch they are portion sized for me and are really good. Breakfast I really don't like eggs so I have special K with skim milk or yogurt and fruit some time I have a whole wheat english muffin with spray butter. btw I leave my lean cuisine meals out for about 4 hours each day before I nuke them and cut the mirco time in half. Hope this helps you some.

Hugs
DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:38 AM   #23  
Vanessa

My committments for today:
Drink my water
Go for a walk or do my pilates ball workout
Eat healthy meals and snacks as planned
Keep a food diary
bahecasmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:44 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Alright...its only Wedneday and I"m ready for the weekend HA HA! I tell you the cold weather is getting me down...I know it could be worse and anyone who is stuck with the terrible ice storms I feel for you. I know they are thinking of closing our call centers in Houston and transferring the calls to my office for today at least cause of the weather. It must be really bad.....but jeez...old man frigid cold at least has knocked on our door here in Boston....the air temperature here is 8* and with the wind chill they say it feels like -24*....that is damn cold. I'm lucky my car started!

Anyway along with the weather is that feeling of getting a cold again...gosh I wish I would just actually get sick so I can just get over it and move on...that would be much better than this feeling of starting to get sick every couple of weeks with no actual sickness ever taking over. On top of that good old TOM decided to knock on my door this morning. I just can't win today! I got on the scale this morning and it shows me being up a pound...but I'm not gonna fret...when TOM is in town I tend to be bloated and retain water etc. so I'm going to take a free pass on the scale this week and just weigh in and record next week and stick to diet and exercise in the meantime.

Yesterday overall went well... I was right on with food. By the time I got to my car I realized that my gym bag had been sitting in it all day in the freezing cold...my pre-gym snack and water were frozen, and I didn't have a sweatshirt....so I ended up just going home and doing some yoga. I really needed a good stretch so that was good. I left the bag at home today and will just swing in to my apartment and get changed at home then go to the gym today.

Aside from getting to the gym today I'm also going to stick to my food (I've already opted out of going out to lunch today) drink a lot of tea, and not let the weather get me down!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:27 AM   #25  
Former Quitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancydream View Post
I really need to come up with some good protein options that don't include eggs. Eggs totally blow my fat and cholesterol counts.
:
On the Southbeach diet, eggs are a big menu item for breakfast. I love eggs, unfortunately, I've developed an allergy. For my morning protein, I eat two pieces of turkey bacon. Sometimes, I'll have a smoothie made with silken tofu, soy milk, yogurt and some kind of sugar free flavoring. It is good that you are planning protein into your breakfast. Eating protein with your carbohydrates helps to keep your blood sugar steady...no quick rise then even quicker drop. This also will keep the metabolism moving and keep the brain sharp!
Old 01-17-2007, 11:30 PM   #26  

I stayed completely on plan today! I was SO tempted by some off plan drinks - namely evil evil coke!! But I stayed away, yay Also - no funky headaches, so life went pretty good today, now if TOM hadn't arrived it would nearly be a perfect day

Tomorrow is another day, so here's are my commitments for then..

1) stay on my food plan!
2) try and get a little exercise in, even if it's just walking around the mall on my lunch break
3) not to get discouraged by what the scale says, tomorrow is my weigh in, and with TOM, I'm not too sure how I'm going to do.

-Aimee
Old 01-17-2007, 11:41 PM   #27  
Quitting is NOT an option

S/C/G: 204/153.8/138

Height: 5' 5"

Evening everyone;

Swimgirl and Shelby . . . you all just hop in the wagon, there's plenty of room and are we in for the ride of our lives . . .

Nancy; I had headaches the first week or 10 days too, I think it was all those little creatures in my head SCREAMING for sugar . . . I must have had a lot, because I felt like I always had a headache, but I think most of them are dead because no more headaches. Thoughts on breakfast: maybe a whole wheat english muffin (toasted) with of wedge of the happy cow or smiling cow or laughing cow . . . never can remember the name with the turkey bacon on top, then you have a protien and carb like rhonda said, I don't know, just an idea

sunshine, I understand about the cold, winter finally came to Minnesota

Rhonda; hang in there, I had three days like that, pushed through it and seem to be better, at least for the moment. Way to go on doing your exercise any way!!

Everyone have a GREAT day, it's almost THURSDAY . . .
LostBombera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:17 AM   #28  

Oh, I have a pretty decent protein breakfast! I have been making these mock pancake things, they've got 4 egg whites, 1 egg, 1/4 cup of low fat ricotta cheese, 1 tsp vanilla, a dash of cinnamon and it calls for 1 package of splenda. You mix all of that together and you can either make them like pancakes - or I've made them as crepes. Very yummy both ways! Just so you know, the "batter" is REALLY thin, but it comes out just fine.

-Aimee
Old 01-18-2007, 07:06 AM   #29  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi everybody!!! Gosh there are a lot of you since I stopped coming here on a regular basis. It's sooo nice to see you all here and doing so well.

Yup, I need to pop in here today. I had the toughest day yesterday since before I started this back in September. Real tough, managed to get through it with probably no more then 2000 calories eaten, but man oh man was it DIFFICULT. It was my DD 15 birthday, her friends made her these AMAZING chocolate cookies, by the time I was finished breaking off little bites of them I must have had 3 total. YIKES!!! And since it was her birthday, I made her favorite "cake", which is an apple crisp. As I was making it I must have eaten who knows how many apple slices. I don't know, all day long I was urging like CRAZY. I kind of felt like everybody has a bad day now and then, I've yet to have a real bad one and I'm ENTITLED to have an off day. Odd. THen she gets to pick her favorite dinner for the evening, it was tacos with ALL the trimmings and all day I'm thinking I'm gonna have me one or two or three. And then I'm thinking I want a big old piece of the apple crisp.

Something great happened, at about 5:00I popped in a WATP video, did it and felt like I don't even want all the food anymore. It was great,

So as dinner rolls around I'm making the meat for the tacos, I had a grilled chicken cutlet left over, I put it in the pot with the meat towards the end to heat it up and flavor it. I sliced it up and put in on a bed of the shredded lettuce, with chopped cucumbers, red onions and crumbled up 1/2 taco shell and that was my taco!!! And it was yummy.

Okay, now it's apple crisp time, I did cave in and have about 1/2 piece. Oh well. So yes, yesterday was indeed my WORST day since I started this in September. Not beating myself up over it at all, just want to get back to plan, and do without the stupid "entitlement" issue and I really want to stop nibbling as the day goes on.

So TODAY's commitments:

-NO NIBBLING, NO NIBBLING, NO NIBBLING.
-Exercise, LOVE my new WATP videos, love um, love um, love um
-Drink lots of water
-Remember that I want to be thin more then I want the food.

Have a fantastic day everyone.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:12 AM   #30  
Former Quitter

Hello, Everybody! Rockinrobin, its good to hear from you on this post today. You're right, this thread has become more active. Isnt it great to see so many commited 3FC friends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Today's commitments -
1) Go to be early tonight and get 7-8 hours of sleep.
2) Take multivitamin
3) Eat all scheduled meals and snacks and measure everything. Make sure I'm eating enough!
Stayed with Southbeach foods yesterday. Did have a big problem with nuts -almonds and walnuts. They are allowed on my plan, but in very restricted amounts. I exceeded that amount..big time! Need to put the nuts in a high cabinet in the kitchen where they are not so readily accessible. Also, did not get to bed early again. Recorded American Idol and sat up late to watch it. Going to try again tonight. I've read that getting 7-8 hours of sleep a night can boost the metabolism and that too little sleep causes hormones to fluctuate and slows down metabolism. I'm all for a faster metabolism, so off to bed early tonight!

Today's commitments -
1)7-8 hours sleep tonight.
2) Stay on plan (no nuts!) and measure everything.
3) 45 minutes of cardio

Hope everyone has a great day!

Today's commitments -