Old 01-17-2007, 09:47 AM   #31  
Fit by 50!

S/C/G: 265/262/165

Height: 5'4"

Wow, Rhonda, that's a great goal! I'm thinking about what I can set as a goal and I'm noticing I'm running into a wall of resistance. I will have my goal by the end of the day and report back!

Luminous - remind me never to make you mad!

Nancydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:22 AM   #32  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I'm gonna chime in here (shocker). I too work from my home. I started when my youngest (who is 15 TODAY) was about 3. I had a small business and it was great. School plays and functions I was able to go. Sick days, I was here. Vacation days I was here. Before school, after school during school. I got to be home all the time. But then again I got to be home ALL the time. The business was going well for a while, but practically came to a stand still. Oh yeah and my kids are practically all grown up now. They don't NEED me here when they get home, or even if they're G-d forbid sick. It is time to get out. ...... But now I do a lot of stuff for my DH's small business. All the invoices, schedueling, ordering, tax stuff, receipts, etc. And it keeps me busy, but no where near busy enough and quite frankly we could use some more moola, as the kids are getting older I find we need lots more $ then when they were younger. I need to get my tail back in the outside world. But I've lived in my little cocoon for waaay too long. And I know it was a huge, huge contributer to my gaining so much weight. My home was my safe haven. But I was lonely, frustrated, bored and so on. But at the same time I could eat whatever and whenever I wanted. A real vicious cycle. And without a doubt my weight has stopped me from getting out there. It's terrifying to me, simply terrifying. I am most certainly feeling better about myself since having lost 1/2 of the weight, but I've got a looong way to go.

As for getting thy tush into a gym. Not happening any time soon. I actually ventured to a nearby gym about a month and a half ago. Went in, and hated it, hated it, hated it. My troubles began immediately as I ran into a NIT WIT at the reception area. Whatever. Thank G-d I''ve been managing to exercise at home, but I can't help but think I'm missing out on something.

Girlygirl, I'm sooo glad you made it to the Y, those dance classes sound perfect, just perfect. Oh how I wish I could go with you! And I don't think it's crazy at all. What a wonderful thing, you most certainly can be a personal trainer.

And yup, me too an extrovert by nature, though I am down to a bare minimum # of friends. I've avoided everyone and everything for way too long. So yup, I as well want to change the direction of my life. I've wasted more then enough time hiding in my house, hiding in my fat. It's time to stop hiding and start LIVING. Because I haven't really, truly been living, I've been existing and barely at that.

Okay, enough rambling - I've got to get to work . Really, I do.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:31 AM   #33  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila53 View Post
Rhonda, have you read the stories of Meg and Mel over on the Ladies Who Lift forum?
Wow! Arent they incredible! What an inspiration.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:19 PM   #34  
Former Quitter

Hi Robin,

You and I were posting at the same time and I just saw your post. Maybe you can make a mini-goal for February, too. I wish you could go to dance class with me, too. I'm a bit nervous...I hope its not full of 20 something, skinny, bathing suit model bodies!
Old 01-17-2007, 09:01 PM   #35  
Fit by 50!

Hi Robin!

Yes, join us in choosing a small goal to de-hertimize!

Rhonda - here's mine: I've been wanting to go to one of the Seattle Wine Society's monthly meetings to learn more about wine. I even have a friend who said she'd like to go, but I've kept putting it off. The next one is in February. I'll go!
Old 01-17-2007, 09:08 PM   #36  
Former Quitter

Nancy, thats an awesome goal! I really think you'll have fun. We should touch base again on the 1st to give each other some specific plans.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #37  
Fit by 50!

That sounds great. Thanks for keeping me acccountable.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:46 PM   #38  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Nancy that does sound like fun. Go for it!!!

Girlygirl, you have just as much a right to be in those classes as any of those 20 something skinny little things do. You would be a great addition to ANY dance class.

good luck ladies and please, please - ENJOY!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote