Old 01-13-2007, 11:44 PM   #1  

Default Weekend not going so well

Hey Ladies..
BEEN A VERY TUFF DAY OF DIETING.
Hubby had to go to the ER early this morning with bad stomach pains..
So I spent from 3am till 5 am in the ER with him.
Might as well just stayed home.. (Still not sure what is wrong!)
Most likely gallbladder problems.
Came home and took a 1.5 hour nap. I have been going ever since..I did not get to exercise,,, I have really struggled with my eating today. I have not went over my calories.. BUT BOY DO I WANT TO SNACK.
When hubby is sick ...well lets just say my nerves are shot..
which is not so good for the diet..
I had such high hopes for this weekend. Oh well maybe tomorrow.
I pray hubby sleeps through the night.
Thanks for letting me vent.
wchs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:50 PM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

You haven't gone over your calories, so the day is definitely not shot!!!! Hang in there and don't beat yourself up over no exercise. Wanting to snack is not the same as snacking! It sounds to me like you have handled the stress exceedingly well, so just hold on a tiny bit longer and you're in a new day!

Hope your husband is feeling better very soon.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:12 AM   #3  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Wow, I think it's inspiring that you haven't gone over your calorie range, that you didn't binge or otherwise react out of the stress and fatigue. It can be totally difficult more than regularly, to continue eating on goal when things like this happen, so I applaud you!

I hope your husband is all right and that you both sleep well tonight. Take care and take it easy
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 06:29 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You certainly HAVE had a tough day. I'm sorry to hear about your hubby, I hope he is feeling better.

From what you've told us, it seems as if you were able to hold on and fight your urges, despite your stess. Which is a GOOD thing. One day with less exercise is NOT the end of the world. And even if you've given into a craving a two, such is life. Today is another day. Unfortunately some days are harder then others. No reason to beat yourself up over it. One day is just a 24 hour period. It's over and done before you know it. Hang in there, it's worth it!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:33 AM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

As for hubby, I can feel his pain. I either had a gallstone pass or a gall bladder attack twice earlier this year. The first one was a minor annoyance. The second one was majorly painful, I felt dizzy/nauseous and I thought I was dying. After the major pain went away, I was sore for the rest of the day.

After that, I was almost glad because it gave me a valid reason not to eat fatty foods, ever.

For you, I know a tough day may make you feel like you have failed but you haven't. You were stressed and that is ok. Recover and make improvements the next day.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:55 AM   #6  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Hope they found out what is wrong with hubby soon.
Well...it is totally understandable why eating and snacking would be so hard today. Don't beat yourself up over it. Well...you figured out that stress is a huge trigger for snacking. Hey, eating right and on plan is hard enough to do when life is good. Cut yourself a break. Keep us posted on how he is doing!
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5 feet 1 inch (in shoes)

I am sorry your hubby isn't feeling well. I know what those attacks are like, I went through a year of them before I finally said "ok fine take it out". I was so terrified of the surgery but the pain was just too much anymore.

I think you are a hero for not going over your calories. I went over mine yesturday and not for half of the valid reasons you could have. We are socked in here by ice storm after ice storm and I got bored. Instead of coming on here, or getting on my treadmill, I cooked....and ate, and ate. Today is another day, and I logged in all my food (that I can remember) from yesterday, refocusing and moving on.
okiechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:06 PM   #8  

I hope your husband feels better. I'm a big emotional eater, I know how it feels -- like we will be comforted by the food when we are stressed, but as always it only makes you feel worse and just adds to our problems. Grab a bottled water and strap it to your hand!! Lack of sleep I find also eats away at my willpower -- try to get a good night's sleep with hubby and tomorrow will go better!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote