3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

Hey! Look what the cat dragged in!

Old 01-08-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Talking Hey! Look what the cat dragged in!

Hello, all! During a quick poke around here I was really happy to see a few familiar names ~ hope you guys remember me! I can't wait to catch up with you guys, and I'm also looking forward to getting to know all the folks that are new to me.

Brief history: I worked my butt off to lose 78 pounds back in 2004 before getting diagnosed with Hodgkins Disease (it's a form of lymphoma - cancer.) So that sucked! I was successfullyl (we thought) treated with 6 months of chemo and steroids, which resulted in a bit of a weight regain. I struggled to get back into the swing of things and regain my mojo, and was about there when I relapsed this past June. That REALLY sucked! I went right into extremely high dose chemo, radiation, and a bone marrow transplant. (After, of course, eating a "last supper" at every freakin' meal and lobbing on even more weight! ) After a few weeks in the hospital that I'd prefer never to repeat, I'm now in the process of recovering from the transplant's many effects on the body, and rebuilding my health and life. It will be a process, and at only a couple of months out I'm at the starting end of that process...but I'm doing well overall, even if I do have my physical challenges. The key is that I'm getting there! (She said brightly.)

Last Tuesday I got back on plan (and so did my partner, to a lesser degree, which will make it so much easier this time around because she was NOT on plan last time and that presented challenges) and so far I'm down just under 5 pounds, which I'm really happy about! I'm in the midst of my SECOND chemo-induced menopause (now doesn't that seem unfair??) so I didn't really know what to expect in terms of my body's cooperation in the weight loss department. So far, so good.

My plan: Low cal, low fat, low sugar, high fiber, fairly high protein, low glycemic, low sodium, lotsa water, frequent small meals, blah blah blah. You guys know the drill! I'm doing cardio at least 5 days a week, and I'm going to work up to weights a couple of times a week. My energy and stamina are still pretty low, so I'm going to have to be patient with myself. (For an idea of where I am in the process, I've been told to expect to reach the 50% point about 4 months from now.

I've been struggling a bit emotionally with the aftermath of my cancer and transplant, but that comes with the territory so I'll just work through it. I'm choosing to focus on the positive and retain control over those aspects over which I CAN......starting with my weight loss!

Thank you in advance for all that you give and share here, everybody -- if this place were to help me only half as much this time as it did back in 2004, that would still be a wonderful gift.
Check out my blog!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:17 PM   #2

Hi Sarah! Welcome back I'm glad to hear you are doing as well as you are under the circumstances. Congrats on the 5 pound loss and I'm glad your partner is doing it with you (Lorraine? not sure if I'm remembering that correctly).

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent - Eleanor Roosevelt
Winners must have 2 things - definite goals and a burning desire to achieve them
Inca's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:24 PM   #3

Height: 5'7"

I remember you! You had actually just been diagnosed with Hodgkin's when I fell off the wagon back in 2004 and left 3FC's but I remember you and I've wondered how you were doing (of course I couldn't remember your name because I have trouble remembering my own name!) I also don't remember you living in the Atlanta area though - I was thinking you lived up north - maybe Boston?? I'm north of Atlanta. But what I do remember is that you kicked butt and you always motivated me to exercise harder so WELCOME BACK!! I look forward to seeing more of you!!

Highest weight: 381.4 Recommitted 1/7/12 at 381.4

“Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them quickly, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and follow where they lead.”

melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:09 PM   #4
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome, back Sarah. Looking forward to getting to know you.
- Rhonda

"Live the life you've always imagined." Henry David Thoreau

GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:35 PM   #5
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome back, Sarah! I remember you and your great progress! So glad to hear you are on the mend. And if you are doing cardio 5 times a week after all that your body has been through, then I'm just going to have to shut up about not finding the will to exercise and get off my rear. I've got zero excuse next to the one you are choosing not to use! That's what I call inspirational!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:50 PM   #6

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARAH!!! I will always be your rocky and you'll be my big-nosed guy!! I'm so glad to see you kickin' again. I hope you keep us updated.. I've missed you!

djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:51 PM   #7
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hi Sarah,

Glad you're back. Your positive attitude has always been such an inspiration. Keep hanging in there!!

Take care
One day at a time ~ never giving up!!

Nobody can force you to have a certain attitude. But life will go so much better if you will simply choose to be positive. When you wake up, choose to be happy. Choose to be grateful for the day. (Joel Osteen)

glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:53 PM   #8
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Of course I remember you Sarah. Glad that you finally checked in, I thought of you often. I can't imagine what you have been through/going through. I commend you for trying to get back on track. Not many people in your position would. Glad to see ya back...

"There is no try, there is only DO" Yoda

Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:25 PM   #9

S/C/G: 261/148/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Here, kitty, kitty--drop the nice Sarah! Hey, welcome back!! You stopped writing in your blog so I tracked you down through other nefarious means to make sure you were okay. Glad to see you back and ready to go!

About the menopause thing, I've managed to do okay losing weight while in menopause, but it's definitely a lot harder. Exercise has been the key, and you'll get your groove back there eventually. Is your pool ready to go??

Women who behave rarely make history.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:03 PM   #10

Hi Sarah! It's great to meet you and I can't wait to get to know you better.
Melissa, mom to 4 little boys
melissalaurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:31 PM   #11

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Sarah! I'm really glad you posted. I was worried about you. I have no way to really understand what you're going through, but I am really glad to see you back!

My 5 C's of healthy living: Commitment to conscious control, with the understanding that choices have consequences
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:01 PM   #12
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

Glad to see you again, welcome back!
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:03 PM   #13

S/C/G: 272/129/127

I'm so happy to see you back! Welcome home Sarah!
Lost: 140ish lbs
Maintainence: 2 years

My "Happy" Weight:

shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:15 AM   #14

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Sarah It's so good to see you back. You've always been such an inspiration to me.

Halloween Goal

barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #15
Abby's Mommy

YAY!!!! Sarahs Back!!! I just returned myself.....Im sooo glad to "see" you!!
Amy Jo

Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.