Old 01-14-2007, 04:48 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone, I am new to the site and would like to meet/chat with others to keep myself motivated. I went through a divorce two years ago and I put on 100lbs via the stress. There were many nights of crying and eating whatever food that was in the house. I am a first grade teacher and at times I feel like I am out of energy and not giving my kids the best they deserve in a teacher. I will be 30 in July and would like to lose 40lbs before my big day. Looking for anyone who would like to become partners in the weight loss struggle as I need motivation and an ear to lean on at times.
teacher239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:09 PM   #122  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

I have been frustrated with the scale lately, so I needed last night's NSVs.

(Side note- Why do I say frustrated with the scale? I'm the one who hasn't been doing enough work. Since a month ago I have lost 2 pounds. I know, it's been the holidays and all, but it just doesn't feel like very much when I want to get close to goal by my birthday, at the end of May. So, I'm really more frustrated with me than frustrated with the scale.)

OK, here is my NSV. Last night I invited the boyfriend over for dinner. I cooked a really nice meal that was also healthy. Typically, when I have made meals for others in the past, I have made full fat food, since I wanted it to taste good for people. I realized yesterday that I could make yummy food that was also good for me.

The food was pretty good. Plus, I dressed nice. I wore a little black dress with tall black heels. I was feeling a little nervous, since the dress was a little tight. But, from the moment he saw me, my boyfriend was nothing but compliments. Over and over telling me how hot I looked. And with the heels, I did feel very sophisticated.

So, even though I'm not quite where I want to be yet, I felt amazing last night.
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #123  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Christine, feeling amazing is wonderful, but remember you ARE amazing! YOU are the one who has made this journey so far, no one has done it for you. You need to bask and glow, girl! You're doing wonderful!

I know we try to keep this thread separate from the scale, but I think we all need to take a moment to congratulate RockinRobin on her awesome success! Halfway to goal, Robin, you are such an inspiration!!!!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:20 PM   #124  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Kelly

Thank you so much. I really needed to hear that today.
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:38 AM   #125  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I agree with Kelly. Rockinrobin, you are an inspiration!!! WTG!!! Half way to goal is amazing! Keep it up!!
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:26 AM   #126  

Height: 5' 7''

I've been a bit down this week with PMS coupled with january blues but totally brightened up today when, at the water cooler, a guy that I've seen around in work asked me if I'd been working out. Strange how a comment can totally change your attitude....
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:33 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

This is a silly one, but when I was geting ready for my walk this morning - I was putting my socks on, and I can PULL THEM ALL THE WAY UP!!! My calves have always been so big, that the socks were too tight, and I would have to "roll" the socks down so they would fit. I was soo tickled that my socks fit normally now!!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:23 PM   #128  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

rockinrobin, you have been doing fantastic. WTG.

I went in the local convenience store today and the clerk said "man, you have lost a lot of weight".. (this lady hadn't seen me in about 6 months, her son was killed in a 4 wheeler accident and she took 6 months off work).

I then went to make my car payment and the clerk there said "I didn't realize you had lost so much weight, you are really skinny".

Some days it just feels great to get these compliments.

Mrs. Quadcrew, WTG on the socks fitting. Mine used to didn't fit my calves either.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:34 AM   #129  
Tryin'

Height: 5'3

these are fabulous!! i love this thread!! i always read but never add...so here are two from today.

i was at the gym on the treadmill when the power went out. we had to evacuate the building. most people went home. i thought about it too, but instead i ran around the parking lot for seven minutes until the power came back on!!

i was sitting cross legged on a couch at work, reading, and one of my bosses passed by and said " train, you look so small!" well I am hardly small but i've never heard that in the same sentence as my name. oh, and then she said "you really need to get some new clothes." she is right, but i hate shopping.

woohooo.
train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:42 PM   #130  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Train, great job on waiting for the power to come back on! This are the steps that will make you fit and slender! Personally, I cant wait to go shopping for a smaller body. I love shopping, but this time I can shop for me instead of everyone else like I always do.

I also get to post an NSV
Hubby walked up behind me while I was bent over looking for something in the bottom shelf of the fridge. He slaps me on the backside and says "Your butt is getting smaller." My butt is getting a tad bit smaller, my gut is getting a tad bit smaller...can somebody wake my thighs up for me and tell them to get with the program!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:58 PM   #131  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Darling, I'm down 81 pounds and no one has yet to tell my calves that there's a weightloss in progress going on in my body. They're just not interested in what everything around them is doing. So, I still have the calves of a 287 lber. Phooey.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:43 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Hi everyone - popping in to share what I think is a great NSV. I recently interviewed for a new job, and learned this week that I got it! I am very excited, as it will be a great opportunity to learn some new things and the group of people I interviewed with seem like they will be a good team to work with. I always believed interviewing is a lot like dating - those gut feelings (good or bad) tend to bear out in real life.

Anyway, you may ask what does this have to do with dieting? Well, I firmly believe that my confidence level going through the interview process was much higher than it would have been when I was back in my unhealthy lifestyle. I'm still very much a work in progress, but I know I feel better about who I am and where I'm heading than I have in a long long time. So, thanks to all of you for your daily contributions - it really does make a difference!
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:49 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Rachel - congrats on the new job!!! Confidence is a wonderful thing....and I am slowing regaining mine, one day at a time.

Robin - you made me laugh out loud!!! I've lost 11 pounds vs. your 81 - I think most of my loss so far was just from the calves (I can't see it much anywhere else!!)
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:33 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Rachel, congratulations!!

And congrats to everyone on some great NSVs!

This week has been pretty NSV-heavy for me in terms of compliments and people noticing my weight loss. It's not just "are you losing weight?" anymore; it's "you look fantastic!" That feels so good! I think it's because I'm trying really hard to wear clothes that fit, though that's difficult now because I can't afford a lot of new stuff and I don't have much that isn't way too big.

Today and yesterday, lots of people noticed. Someone said "you're literally melting in front of us every day" and a student said "you are getting SO SMALL." Woohoo!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:28 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

LisaMarie, I know exactly how you feel about the clothing. I think you and I are pretty close in terms of where we are in our drive to the goal line, and I too am struggling with not wanting to buy new clothes, but swimming in the current set. I think I've tried on every item of clothing I own in the last few weeks - thank goodness there are some in-between items that work. But hey, it's a great problem to have!
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote