Old 01-03-2007, 06:55 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Once again, great NSVs! They just keep coming! I'm so proud of all of you!

Lifeguard, good luck with your interview! Maybe you should mention the fact that you've lost weight recently and that you're actively trying to get your body to a healthier state by living a really healthy lifestyle. They'll have to acknowledge the commitment you've made if you let them know that you're not only TRYING to lose weight but you actually have, and quite a bit!! Everyone knows how difficult it is to lose weight, and it's impressive that you have. Surely they'll recognize that!

Several people noticed my weight loss today for some reason, so that was great. But my NSV today was that I used the fitness center at the high school where I teach, and I haven't used it before because I was always too embarrassed to work out in front of students. Today, the whole flippin' baseball team came in to use the weight machines, and I didn't even care! I just worked it out on the elliptical and got all sweaty anyway. Nothing stands in the way of my workouts these days!!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:56 PM   #32  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hellow Friends!

I have my very first NSV ever! It looked like I wasnt going to get to start my workout today afterall....I've had a terrible headache for most of the day, my boss asked me to work late, my DH needed to go to the bank and the grocery store and my daughters need to be fed, bathed and put to bed. I couldnt go to the 'Y' for the treadmill or walk around the neighborhood and I didnt want to wait until too late tonight as I wouldnt be able to sleep. In the past, I would have just put off the workout until tomorrow or whenever...but, drumroll please!.........I pulled out the Walk Away The Pounds DVD and did the 3 mile walk for the first time ever....I couldnt do all of the moves for the whole time...I had to stop and walk some...and I didnt use the weights...and my legs now feel like jello...but I stuck it out. I'm on my way to weight loss now!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:20 PM   #33  
Doing it!

S/C/G: 268.5/254.5/160

Height: 5'10"

FANTASTIC NSV'S!!

Yesterday I did 3.33 minutes on the elliptical machine. That thing kicks my butt something horrible and I don't know why.

Today I walked a mile at lunch. My plan at the gym was to do a 35 minute effort at 4-5 walk on the treadmill, but the only treadmill available is the one that I can't stand...so I hit the bike and actually worked harder than I'd planned. After 35 minutes and with jelly legs, I went over to talk to my husband and he told me to get on the elliptical next to him. I did...and did 4.33 minutes. I hate that thing, and I'll more than take a 1-minute improvement! I think my longest-range goal is to LOVE the elliptical!

(I'd forgotten how much I love to work out!)
108tolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:55 PM   #34  

Height: 5'7"

What an inspirational thread! I can't wait to add my own NSVs soon.
MaWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:20 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 264/211/135

Height: 5'4''

Bones rock! Go robin!

Congrats to all!

Well this was at the end of Dec but I’m going to count it as a Jan … (forgive me I’m new ;P).

I was able to walk straight down the aisle of the plane, instead of sidewise like I had to do in August. Plus the seatbelt fit…and had some slack!!
132hereIcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:30 AM   #36  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Aren't we all doing so well...

Well, I've got one - finally.

I've got a lovely pair of pin stripe trousers that have been slowly getting too tight. The last tiem I put them on - about 6 weeks ago - I had to take them off as they were far too tight. I put them on today and they fit me absolutely perfectly!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:39 AM   #37  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yessss!!!! Wat to go on the exercise front ladies and fitting into clothing - awesome!!!

And 123hereIcome, is there anything better then a seatbelt NSV?!?!?!? And bones most certainly DO ROCK. I love um!!!!!! My collarbone, prettier then any diamond necklace, WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!

Today's NSV. I'm still grinning:

I just bumped into an acquaintance this morning at the produce store. She's someone from the neighborhood. I'd seen her about 2 months ago and she commented on my weightloss. So I see her again today and she says "Wow, you're getting skinnier every time I see you. Did you have surgery?'
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:35 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Default My very first posted NSV

Well... I started to notice yesterday that the pants I've been wearing to work...which I must say are becoming extremely tattered, were starting to be a bit loose. Back in October I had bought some new clothes for a big conference I had to go to in NYC that I never did wear because when I got them home and rationalized how I really looked in them I realized that there was nothing flattering about pants I had to lay down and suck it in to zip them... I mean really....who was I kidding, the damn pants were basically suctioned to every part of me that they touched except my ankles...and not in a good way...in a way that showed every bit of thut (thats what I call the area where thigh meets butt) and cellulite and created major unnecessary 'muffin top' and the beginnings of the never pleasurable 'camel toe'.

Since I started losing weight I haven't ventured to trying on any of my smaller clothes out of pure fear of 'muffin top' disappointment...until this morning when I ... as I like to say....grew a pair, sucked it up and pulled those pants out of the closet and onto my legs. There was no laying down and sucking in, there is no camel toe and there is minimal muffin top. The pants are snug but don't look half bad. There is enough room in the thighs that I do not need a 'thut' patrol and no 'cottage cheese' thigh is apparent. The best part about this is the size of the pants. I bought them in the regular section of the store, not the plus section. They are the biggest size in the regular section but none the less they are still not from the plus side of the store. They are an 18 Average not a 22 Plus which is what the other pants are. So today....even with my impending flu like symptoms I'm wearing my Average sized pants proud and even strapped on some heels today and feel real good about it.
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:42 AM   #39  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Way to go Sunshine! I have 3 pairs of pants that I'd like to wear on a family trip in 4 weeks. I hope I have the same awesome NSV as you!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:46 AM   #40  

Really Good Nsvs..I love getting into clothes that I thought were going to be to small from me.. Its so great.. I have a habit of just going to the thrift store and looking for smaller size stuff buying them and working toward the goal of wearing them..
I guess the only new thing I have is my sons are tired of mom wearing their hoodies and nice sweats to workout in..
wchs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:02 PM   #41  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

108tolose, good for you! Every minute you are able to increase on that elliptical machine earns you a definite gold star! I have one too, that I use daily, and you will get to the point where it doesn't kick your butt quite so bad, just stick with it, you can do it!

123hereIcome, that's awesome! Seatbelts fitting better AND walking straight down the isle...that rocks! Believe it or not, soon you will just be walking through places and for some reason turn around and look back at it and realize you didn't even think about not fitting through. Remember asking people to scoot their chair in, etc., just knowing you wouldn't fit? Those days are almost over!

Nicolen, clothes nsv's are so fun! It's a wonderful feeling to pull out something that didn't fit before and have it look good now!

NESunshine, I'm so happy for you! I remember venturing into the missy department for the first time a couple months ago, with butterflies in my tummy hoping that I'd fit into something, I so didn't want to step into the women's department again! It's still a fresh delight every time I try something on and it fits!....and "thut".....now that's one I hadn't heard before, but definitely fits!

Yesterday I went to the local good will store to look for a couple skirts or pairs of pants to help get me through, as I want to save the big shopping for when I'm at goal! I pulled out a denim skirt in a size 12, thinking that if it's even remotely close, I'd buy it and shrink into it over the next couple months. I tried it on and it fit!! Now I am by no means a size 12. My Tommy jeans are a 14, and I do still have a couple size 16 items that fit well enough, but dang! That made my day!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:07 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NESunshine View Post
Well... I started to notice yesterday that the pants I've been wearing to work...which I must say are becoming extremely tattered, were starting to be a bit loose. Back in October I had bought some new clothes for a big conference I had to go to in NYC that I never did wear because when I got them home and rationalized how I really looked in them I realized that there was nothing flattering about pants I had to lay down and suck it in to zip them... I mean really....who was I kidding, the damn pants were basically suctioned to every part of me that they touched except my ankles...and not in a good way...in a way that showed every bit of thut (thats what I call the area where thigh meets butt) and cellulite and created major unnecessary 'muffin top' and the beginnings of the never pleasurable 'camel toe'.

Since I started losing weight I haven't ventured to trying on any of my smaller clothes out of pure fear of 'muffin top' disappointment...until this morning when I ... as I like to say....grew a pair, sucked it up and pulled those pants out of the closet and onto my legs. There was no laying down and sucking in, there is no camel toe and there is minimal muffin top. The pants are snug but don't look half bad. There is enough room in the thighs that I do not need a 'thut' patrol and no 'cottage cheese' thigh is apparent. The best part about this is the size of the pants. I bought them in the regular section of the store, not the plus section. They are the biggest size in the regular section but none the less they are still not from the plus side of the store. They are an 18 Average not a 22 Plus which is what the other pants are. So today....even with my impending flu like symptoms I'm wearing my Average sized pants proud and even strapped on some heels today and feel real good about it.

That's awesome! And you're a hilarious storyteller!
MaWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:39 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Congrats on the clothing NSVs, they are so motivational, aren't they?!

Here's my NSV - so, I finally went to get my hair cut tonight - it's been about 4 months, but with the holidays and all, I just kept putting it off. I always hate sitting in that chair looking in the mirror, I used to think "what a horrible mirror, it makes me look heavier than I really am". Of course, the reality is that it's a perfectly accurate mirror. And today, I looked in it and realized that heck, I look a lot thinner in that mirror than I did the last time I was here. And my stylist commented on how good I looked before the haircut.

Keep those NSVs coming, I love this thread!
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:01 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 264/211/135

Height: 5'4''

Wow are we all just awesome or what? GO US!!!!

rockinrobin: Hee hee I now love seatbelts on planes. Congrats on the acquaintance NSV!! That is the best NSV of all when someone that’s not a close friend or family notices

boaterswife: So true! I’m looking forward to the day I can walk through the sales clothes rack and not have my thighs/backend knock the clothes off the hangers. Wow, that’s great!! Personally I love fitting into certain sizes from good will because I tell myself the clothes I’m trying on have already shrunk “sizes” because of washing and drying…so I’m actually smaller then I think…hee hee
132hereIcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:30 AM   #45  
Doing it!

S/C/G: 268.5/254.5/160

Height: 5'10"

I try to find something positive, some small victory, every day. Yesterday I squeezed (and yes, I mean squeezed) into a size 18W jeans for work. They zipped, with some effort but not laying on the bed, and I tolerated them all day. I know they will only get looser and can't wait to do the same with a 16W in about 20 or so pounds!

This one is huge for me - my mom called yesterday afternoon and the brakes went out in my dad's truck. She wanted my husband to work on them. He has to work 12-hour shifts all weekend so he wanted to get it taken care of last night. On my way home from work, I had already resigned myself to not going to the gym, and was kicking myself - HARD - for not making time to walk at lunch. I pulled up and my husband's friend was here for him to work on the friend's truck, too. I started getting out of the car and my husband tells me, why don't you go get the kids and go on to the gym while I work on these trucks? I went! I would never go before if my husband didn't go, too. Instead, I changed clothes, picked the kids up at daycare and went to the gym! I've already planned to go tomorrow morning sometime closer to 9 than 12 (in case it takes longer to get my kids motivated!).
108tolose is offline   Reply With Quote