Old 01-01-2007, 08:54 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

My "weigh in" day is Friday, and always before I couldn't keep away from the scale....several times a dayI would get on it and then be sooo disappointed. I am real proud of the fact that the scale is setting there in the bathroom, and I am able to go in there and NOT stop and step on it!! For me, this is a HUGE deal. I am ONLY going to check it on Fridays!!

congrats to all of you on the NSV's you have had so far this month!!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #17  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

NSVs are no place for being humble, right?

May I just say my skin looks AMAZING! Not only am I eating less and exercising, but I also cut 99% of processed food from my diet. My face has never looked better. I glow, darn it.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:51 AM   #18  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congratulations everyone on the awesome NSV's. I love reading them.

CLCSC, You're right, this is no place to be humble. Anything that makes us feel a little better about ourselves, is great to share.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:12 PM   #19  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Height: 5'6"

With today being our last day off before heading back to school/work, I took the kids out to eat. They wanted to go to Dairy Queen. Uh,Oh. I can just taste the cheeseburgers already.

So, I go to the bank and then we to go Dairy Queen. The kids get there kids meal and i order........*drumroll* a grilled chicken salad. Any other time, I would be right along with the kids and probably even stealing fries on top of it.

And to top it off, I wanted something sweet after eating the salad. So, instead of grabbing the chocolate my kids got for Christmas, I went and got me some fruit.

Last edited by JennyWenny; 01-02-2007 at 02:25 PM.
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:17 PM   #20  

I just got back from my first 30 minute walk! I cannot remember the last time I walked briskly for 30 minutes ON PURPOSE!
Old 01-02-2007, 03:38 PM   #21  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Two years ago I went to Florida for the first phase of the clinical trial I am currently doing. They took all our levels, and I had been unemployed & therefore eating lots of cheap things, my favorite breakfast being...EGGS!!! So when I was there my cholesterol was 220!!!

I just got my labs back from my visit to Mayo Clinic on Sandi's birthday (December 12), and my cholesterol is....191!!!

How did I do it? I switched out my regular eggs for Eggland's Best, and don't eat them more than twice a week. I also have an oatmeal breakfast at least twice a week. I'm really happy that my cholesterol went down w/o pills, and the only levels I have to work on now are triglycerides & of course renal anemia, which I think might be there no matter what I do just like the blood pressure.

So, from 220 to 191!!!!!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:04 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

My NSV today is that I realized again how addicted I'm becoming to running. I had all these things I had to do after school and I was trying desperately to get home and beat the dark so I could have a 30-minute jog. I ended up doing half the jog in the dark, but there was a full moon. My feet were hurting, I had a headache, and I had a bunch more groceries to put away, but I ran anyway. I HAD to. Before I changed my life, I would've looked for any excuse NOT to run or exercise in any way.

Yay for ALL of us for these great NSVs!!!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:52 AM   #23  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Great NSV's everyone and so many of them!!!!!! It is so great to see.

As my youngest daughter, almost 15, gave me a hug and kiss goodnight last night she said "Ma, you're so small!" Small, ha, me small? Of course she did hug the smallest part of me - my waist. Good think she didn't hug my calves. I can guarantee you there would not have been ANY small comments.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:09 AM   #24  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

These are great. Congratulations everyone.

Last night me and DD were getting ready to go to Walmart. I went and changed shirts to a red/white striped Tommy Hilfiger shirt. My 14 yr. old DD said "mom, I love that shirt on you, you look so skinny and it makes your boobs look big". LOL, I said "my boobs are big and she said "not anymore". These comments were very sweet coming from her as she never mentions my weight loss.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:45 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

Great NVS stories, Congratulations everyone.

Here is mine. When I gained back the 70 lbs I lost in 2000-2001 I saved all the small summer clothes I had bought. We are leaving for Cancun next Saturday and I have been afraid to try them on. (If they did not fit I was in big trouble, you can't buy summer clothes in Michigan in Januray). Well I fianlly pulled out the tote on Monday, tried them on and they fit!!! I'm not quite back to the weight I was then, but I'm sure my Curves workouts have helped the body tone. This is great news for everyone in Cancun cause they sure did not want to see me nekked LOL.
wanna b thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:29 PM   #26  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Fabulous NSV's and such inspiration from all of you!! I get my daily charge from reading them! Keep it up, we can do this!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:17 PM   #27  

Day #2 of walking for 30 minutes! I am not sure the dog is very happy about our new routine though!
Old 01-03-2007, 04:34 PM   #28  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Great NSV's everyone!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:28 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Well today I had to go into Herbal Magic & put things on hold until I find a job (we just can't afford it now that it is January & the government starts to steal what they think is there share again! - lol!).

This afternoon I got a call for an interview!!! It is for an office manager position for a chiropractic and alternative health care office. It would be perfect for my skill set! Now I just need to perfect my weight excuse speech - they very specifically noted in the job profile they are looking for someone who appears professional, vital and reflects their healthy living philosophies. I know, I know, they can't not hire me based on my weight but I feel I need to at least acknowledge to them that I am not at an ideal weight but that I do live a healthy lifestyle & am always looking at ways to improve. Any suggestions?
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:50 PM   #30  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeguard View Post
I feel I need to at least acknowledge to them that I am not at an ideal weight but that I do live a healthy lifestyle & am always looking at ways to improve. Any suggestions?
Hi Lifeguard,

I do think you are on the right track to bring up the subject yourself. It may seem like a little thing, but always try to phrase everything positively when interviewing....instead of saying your not at an ideal weight (not=negative,) maybe say something about being in the process of improving your health and then tell them how you're doing it (like losing 33lbs so far!) ....through better nutrition, exercise, etc....and, I maybe even bring up that you can be a positive role model for the clientele.

I will be thinking about you tomorrow and wish you well. Please let us know how the interview goes.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote