Old 12-28-2006, 09:24 AM   #1  
DNR
Determined Woman

Default Are You Ready for 2007?

How did everyone handle the holiday(s)? I know that I have a renewed spark of inspiration now that the major food fest is over. I was actually sick of food and yesterday I wiped the slate clean and had a perfect eating day. I haven't been on the scale but I can tell in my pants that the waistbands are a little snugger than they were before Christmas. I decided I'm not going to step on the scale until at least a week from now, after I've been eating the way I should for a few days.

I hope nobody allowed the holidays to totally wreck their plan. I consider it only a minor set-back and I am forging on!!!

DNR
DNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 09:46 AM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi DNR. I was putting off actually getting started until after the holidays....you know, the whole new years resolution thing? I actually just posted on this week's commitment thread. I've decided to not wait any longer, but to get started now. Glad to see you're jumping back onto your weight loss plan. I can see why you've lost so much weight!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/254/200

Height: 5' 6"

Default Ready to Start Fresh in 2007

I am ready for a new year to start again. 2006 was a good year for me--down 45 lbs. but I am at a plateau and the holidays have been one excuse after another to eat everything in sight! So I am so ready to start things fresh in 2007! It's time to set some new short term goals and to jump start things again. One of my goals for 2006 was to weigh what it says on my drivers license--that perpetual lie for the last 20 years! I came awfully close but I am not there yet. It's time to get moving again!
ceejay34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:35 PM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Ceejay, I would LOVE to weigh what it says on my license! I had to renew it a few years ago and the weight has been the same since I got it when I was 16. The gal at the DMV was "large" too and when she asked me if everything was correct including the weight, I calmly said, "You can add 20 pounds, but that's all I'm willing to admit to today." She gave me this exasperated eye-roll look over her half glasses sitting on the end of her nose. The look clearly said, "Honey, if you weigh 170, I'm the Queen of England..." I just stared right back at her until she processed it. I hate every time I have to show that thing. It's such a horrid lie! And not the LEAST BIT BELIEVABLE!

Ah, one day...
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I really slipped a few gears during the past couple of weeks, too. Great eating some days, really poor eating the next. One good thing was that I exercised every day. But exercise is only about 20% of the "battle" so my waistbands are a bit tight, too. Like you, DNR, I'm not stepping on the scale for a while either.

Ceejay34, one of the best days was when I realized I was below my driver's license weight! It's a great feeling--looking forward to you posting when that happens.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:18 PM   #6  

I went to the nurse today to have my depo provera injection, and in three months I have gained about 10lbs. Sigh.

I have kinda lost motivation with everything thats been happening in 2006, so I'm raring to go now, and get this done.

My new boyfriend (well he's a fiance now) is taking me hiking in Italy in July, and we're doing a fitness regime together to get us primed for our trip.

And a wedding in 2008 to prepare for as well.

Exciting!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:44 PM   #7  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Congratulations on the engagement, Kykaree! I'm going to Italy in July too and would love to be a lot more fit than I am now for it... That's wonderful that you have someone to get primed for your trip with.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote