3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I'm new too :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/100558-im-new-too.html)

Trazey34 12-28-2006 11:16 AM

I'm new too :)

Hi there, I posted a HELLO on the main board, but I've made my choice of subforum, as 100+ sounds about right.

That's a journey of 1000 steps, and that's no lie. . . I think I'll focus on the first 5 steps and not freak out about the rest just yet!

I also wanted to start NOW and not have it be another crazy New Year's resolution that last til about Jan. 3rd. I've committed to a few small changes, like dumping the McDonald's double-cheeseburgers, the diet coke (I always seemed to drink it WITH something!), and the grazing all night long. Instead, I've decided to stop eating by 8 p.m., make lunch instead of grabbing something, and no soda. Those were pretty easy choices, and aside from a few headaches, I've achieved it just fine these 2 weeks, and I'm down 6 lbs. Next week, I'll add a few more smart choices, NOT the overwhelming demands I used to set, which guaranteed failure.

I'm really happy to be here, and look forward to getting to know you all

:dance:

Mrs Quadcrew 12-28-2006 11:59 AM

Hi Trazey! We were up to Elliot Lake ON. this summer with our ATV's ~ beautiful place! You are already on a roll - just keep that mementum going! I have cut out the diet Coke also, and was wondering how long it would take before the headaches went away.

Trazey34 12-28-2006 12:35 PM

well, for me it was a pretty hard-core habit! I drank a LOT of diet pepsi LOL, but I just put it away one day (one day where it was raining and 8:30 at night and i was seriously considering getting dressed and getting in my car and going to get some! helllllo junkie!)...I've always drunk a lot of H20 as well, so I just kicked that up, took some ibuprofen, and toughed it out for about 5 days before it was liveable :)

Good luck!

rockinrobin 12-28-2006 02:36 PM

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Hi, oh can I relate to what you said. My biggest problem was that I was an all day grazer. So now I make sure to eat three decent meals and 2 snacks.

You're already off to a fabulous start!!!!! Keep up the good work, the first few weeks are the hardest, then it gets much, much easier. You can definitely do this. Glad you're here and hope to get to know you better. So post often!

GirlyGirlSebas 12-28-2006 05:42 PM

Hi Trazey! Welcome.

Penney 12-28-2006 05:53 PM

:wel3fc:

Hi Trazey - A big welcome - you are definitely off to a shotgun start! Way to go! Looks like someone has LOTS of determination - that is great! I went from drinking regular soda to drinking diet soda - but I only have about 3 or 4 cans a week and I drink oodles of water. But, I have not had a single cup of coffee since Thanksgiving and I used to drink Starbucks EVERYDAY and sometimes 2 or 3 venti mochas a day. So - I definitely know how you feel.

Anyways - welcome aboard - glad you are here - this is a great place to be!!

CLCSC145 12-28-2006 07:57 PM

Hello from another diet soda junkie! I still drink it, but way less than I used to. I swear, some days I think it would be a great boon to the scientific community if I left my body to science so they can study the effects of a lifetime of diet soda abuse.

Anywho, welcome! Hope you get as much out of the boards as I do!

Sheila53 12-28-2006 11:49 PM

:welcome3: You're off to a wonderful start!

Sandi 12-31-2006 01:21 PM

:wel3fc: it sounds like you are really on your way! I think making small choices is a great way to start!! We are glad you chose the 100lb club...check out this thread to better understand the way things work!!! :D

melsfolly 12-31-2006 06:40 PM

Welcome to the forum Trazey! I agree with what the others have said - you're off to a great start just making a few positive changes!!