Category Archives

How Weight Gain Can Cause Hypertension

If you have excessive weight gain, you most likely have hypertension. The association between weight gain and hypertension is widely known, but the exact nature of this relationship is still being studied. It is thought that excessive weight gain can cause hypertension through the increase of several hormones and through changes in body physiology and […]

How Weight Gain Can Cause Hypertension

If you have excessive weight gain, you most likely have hypertension. The association between weight gain and hypertension is widely known, but the exact nature of this relationship is still being studied. It is thought that excessive weight gain can cause hypertension through the increase of several hormones and through changes in body physiology and […]

How COPD Can Cause Weight Gain

Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is triggered by cigarette smoking. About 90 percent of COPD patients are long-term heavy smokers, while the remaining 10 percent are nonsmokers. It is believed that environmental pollutants and other irritating substances in the environment contribute to the development of COPD. The symptoms of COPD do not appear early. When […]

How to Prevent Weight Gain from Candidiasis

Candidiasis is a painful condition that affects many women and men around the world each year. Though Candidiasis in and of itself does not cause weight gain, the treatment methods of this condition can lead to significant weight gain and even possible obesity. What Is Candidiasis? Before learning how to prevent weight gain from Candidiasis, […]

How Weight Loss Can Help Hypertension

Hypertension results when your arteries are subjected to extreme pressure as they carry blood from the heart to other tissues and organs of the body. The more fatty tissue you have, the harder your heart has to work to pump blood, thus exerting greater pressure on arterial walls. Therefore, if you are overweight, you are […]

3 Contraceptive Options for Women with PCOS

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or PCOS, is a hormone disorder that affects the ovaries. According to the Mayo Clinic, this is the most common hormonal disorder for women of the reproductive age. With PCOS, the ovaries are typically enlarged and contain numerous cysts along the outer edge of each ovary. The cause of PCOS is unknown […]

Crohn's Disease: Diet Restrictions

When dealing with Crohn’s disease, diet awareness is instrumental for easing your discomfort and reducing your symptoms. Avoiding dairy products, high-fat foods, spicy foods and certain beverages may help to eliminate some of your symptoms. What Is Crohn’s Disease? Crohn’s disease is an inflammatory bowel disease that affects the gastrointestinal tract. The inflammation can make […]

6 Best Diets For Arthritis Sufferers

Doctors and researchers have been exploring nutrition and diet as a means of relieving the symptoms of arthritis. While the results of most studies remain inconclusive and long-term research still needs to be done, it cannot be denied that proper diet has good effects on arthritis. If you are an arthritis sufferer, you may have […]