Wild Rice Chicken Soup
1 package (6 oz) quick-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
2 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 Tbsp. snipped fresh thyme or 1 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups chopped tomatoes
1 9-ounce package frozen chopped cooked chicken breast
1 cup finely chopped zucchini
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp. Madeira wine or dry sherry (optional)
1. Prepare rice mix according to package directions, except omit the seasoning packet and margarine.
2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven combine broth, dried thyme (if using), and garlic. Bring to boiling. Stir in tomatoes, chicken, zucchini, pepper, and, if using, fresh thyme.
3. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in cooked rice and, if desired, Madeira. Heat through.
Other Suggested Recipes:
- Cheese-stuffed Chicken with Wild Rice
- Easy Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Quick Chicken and Rice Soup
- Blueberry Wild Rice Salad
- Mediterranean Chicken & Rice Bake
|calories||total fat||sat fat||protein||fiber||sodium (mg)||carbs||ww pts|