- Diet Recipes - http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-recipes -
Feta Stuffed Chicken
Posted By 3FC On November 18, 2006 @ 6:45 pm In Entrees,Poultry | 8 Comments
1/4 cup crumbled basil-and-tomato feta cheese
2 Tbsp. fat-free cream cheese
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 pounds total)
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. olive oil
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 10-ounce package prewashed fresh spinach, trimmed (8 cups)
2 Tbsp. walnut or pecan pieces, toasted
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1. In a small bowl combine feta cheese and cream cheese; set aside. Using a sharp knife, cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff pockets with the cheese mixture. If necessary, secure openings with wooden toothpicks. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt.
2. In a large nonstick skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat about 12 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning once (reduce heat to medium if chicken browns too quickly). Remove chicken from skillet. Cover and keep warm.
3. Carefully add chicken broth to skillet. Bring to boiling; add half of the spinach. Cover and cook about 3 minutes or just until spinach is wilted. Remove spinach from skillet, reserving liquid in pan. Repeat with remaining spinach. Return all spinach to skillet. Stir in the nuts and lemon juice.
4. To serve, divide spinach mixture among 4 dinner plates. Top with chicken breasts. If desired, garnish with lemon slices.
Other Suggested Recipes:
Article printed from Diet Recipes: http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-recipes
URL to article: http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-recipes/feta-stuffed-chicken/