(I’m going to complain a lot today. I just wanted to make sure you knew before getting started :P)
First, it’s cold and raining. Again.
But the most sucky part of the day actually started last night, while I was out to have a coffee and dessert with a friend.
My left eye had been crying for a while now, I don’t really know why (a couple of weeks). I was always crying at night, which made me think that it was because I was tired of my day, or something like that (the air is really.really.REALLY dry at my lab). Anyway. Being in a rush, I did not make any big case of it.
Last night, at the cafe, after having a piece of brownies and a coffee because I behave so well this week, the eye started crying… but I mean LOADS OF CRYING. We left and I headed back home where I washed carefully my contact lenses, washed my face and my eyes and headed to bed.
I had an horrible night.
I was waking up every hour, my eye being all sticky and crusty (yeah, I know : eww!) The cat was waking up all the time and decided it was time to play, I locked him out of the room, had to go to the bathroom 5 times to wash the eye during the night, etc etc.
I woke up early with the firm intention to head to a doctor clinic to have a check up. After, of course, painfully washing my eyes that was litteraly locked under tons of crusty digusting stuff. I put my glasses on and went off.
I won’t go into how this is a big mess to see a doctor over here, but after going through 3 clinics in town, I finally found one where they could see me. After waiting for almost 2 hours, I met a doc for 10 minutes and to sum up the conclusions of the appointment :
- I probably had some kind of infections in my eye but it won’t go away because I keep putting on my same old contact lenses (I have the hard ones, not the disposable ones);
- Put water on your eyes, if it doesn’t get better in 2 days, put theses antibiotics drops and it should (should!?) be okay ;
- Keep your glasses on ;
- Trash your contacts.
The realities of my life now :
- I HATE wearing glasses (especially while I run, they always slip off my nose) ;
- The contact lenses I wear (well, used to wear from now on) are expensive, about 350 $ for a pair ;
- I don’t have the money for a new pair!! (hello, Visa Card) ;
- I no I have some kind of eyes stuff insurance, but I don’t know how this stuff works as my mom used to take care of all of this (god I’m pathetic) ;
- The only appointment I got to got a new pair of contact lenses designed is scheduled for May 25th (meaning wearing my glasses full-time until there, mainin also no sunglasses, hugh).
Plus my boyfriend is still away.
Plus I need to run tonight. And it’s cold and rainy. And I don’t really want to go.
Can I crawl under a blanket and wait until the moment when I’ll become a real adult get all this stuff figured out like a grown-up? Pleaseeee?
Rambling off for now :-P