This weekend I had one of those little epiphanies that always jolts you back on track. I think the last few weeks I have been so focused on work, settling into my new city and seeing friends, that I was trying to ignore the fact that my clothes were tighter than ever, and thinking that eating pasta with olive oil and cheese every night when I got home was like eating a salad and wouldn’t affect my waistline. Well, that was intentionally naive and irresponsible. I just wanted to be like one of those normal skinny girls who eats whatever they want and they dont gain weight. But we obviously know that’s not me. So here I am super squeezing into my Old Navy size 14 jeans, and I’m truly probably a size 16-18, which is horrifying considering I was very close to a size 12 two years ago when I was at the peak of my “weight loss journey”. Since then life has been wonderful and full of travels and fun and learning and wonderful experiences, but weight loss was not my focus. Now i’m in a new city with a lot of friends and a great new job and what I really want now is to be fit, and happy with myself, and date guys and feel comfortable. I have a long way to go, but I have to take the steps to get there, because as we all now, sitting and eating cheesy pasta isn’t going to get me anywhere (sadly). So, after I noticed that I truly had gained a ton of weight and my clothes just aren’t fitting like they should, it was time to make moves.
Today I bought a scale and I am doing an OFFICIAL weigh-in on Friday (which will be my official weigh-in day), which is terrifying. But, it has to be done. No matter what the number is, I need to face it so I can start losing weight, getting fit, and getting back to wearing cute clothes and back to the smaller sizes I had worked towards before.
So, here are the things I am working on this week, and every week thereafter to get myself 1st to Onederland, and then to way beyond that!
1) Food tracking & healthy choices–Blogging/Recording ALL of the food I eat during the day. I make my breakfast everyday which is healthy and pack my snacks, but I eat lunch out, so I need to make sure that I am consistently picking healthy low cal lunch options and make sure that I record what I eat. The other thing is to make sure when I come home from work and the gym that I eat a healthy low cal dinner. And dont fall into the bad habits that I had the last 2 months. I need to eat a lot of healthy fruits and veggies and less carbs and crap.
2) Gym & Fitness I need to go to the gym 3-5 times a week depending on my work and social schedule, and the general plan will be that I go to the gym at night always unless I have somewhere else I need to be. I shouldn’t be going home directly after work, I should definitely be going to the gym first. Within the gym, I am once again, going to start doing the C25K program again. I have started it many times but never finished it successfully, so I am going to start C25k at the gym tomorrow night and continuously do it, until I complete it successfully and then from there work on farther differences. I’m not trying to be a runner, but I am trying to be a fit jogger. So, aside from doing the C25K at the gym, I also plan on spending 30-40 minutes on weights and abs per gym visit as well. It’s time to get fit and stop making excuses.
3) SLEEP I need to get 7-8 hours of sleep a night. This influences my energy, hunger levels, efficiency, productivity and workout quality. I know that I discount how important sleep is, and I need to get better at getting a good night’s sleep consistently.
4) Water I need to drink WAY more water everyday. I definitely feel bloated and dehydrated a lot–so I KNOW this is something I need to work on and drink way more while I’m at my desk at work.
5) Weigh ins and Goals My Official weigh-ins are going to be on fridays and while I may weigh in unofficially during the week to track, Friday’s are official weigh in days. I’m TERRIFIED of my weigh-in this Friday, but I know it has to happen so I can make weekly weight loss and Onederland goals. Also, maybe it will motivate me to really stay on track this week, and follow the above rules so I can have the best Friday weigh in possible. (Fingers crossed). I will be posting all official weigh-in’s here, because, let’s face it, I have to face the music and get myself active, in shape and healthy ASAP. I know an am accepting that the weigh in will be pretty ugly Friday, but you have to hit rock bottom before you can get better, so Friday is going to happen no matter what. First official Friday weigh-in, here I come!! (Buying the scale had to happen, and I’m glad I finally did it!!) I know I will feel SOO much better once I’m on track and losing weight and feeling better about myself.
This isn’t my main goal, but I know I need to feel comfortable with myself before I can date and feel comfortable with other people, so this is step one.
So, YAY for getting on the right track, and taking steps to get myself back on track and get myself healthy, fit and Skinny!!! Size 14, 12, 10 and 8 here I come!! WOO