I can’t really remember the number of times that I have abandoned this blog only to come back a couple of months later to reboot it.
I have had a lot of ups and downs this year and with my health is has mostly been downs. I gained a lot of weight in a very short amount of time and I am having a very difficult time getting it off. I have also recently found out that I have metabolic syndrome and hyperglycemia (without diabetes).
So what is metabolic syndrome? To quote the Metabolic Syndrome Handbook:
Metabolic Syndrome can be defined as a cluster of medical conditions that are related and often occur together:
- Abdominal obesity - Large waist circumference
- Hypertension - High blood pressure
- Low HDL (High Density Lipoprotein) - The “good” cholesterol
- High LDL (Low-Density Lipoproteins) - The “bad” cholesterol
- High triglyceride levels
- High fasting blood glucose levels, commonly referred to as high blood sugar levels Read more…