Here’s a delicious recipe that I’ve been been fixing for a while. It’s healthy and delicious and it serves 8. Although the recipes says it serves 8, we don’t use nearly all the dressing so I guess the calorie content is actually a lot lower than it says.
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 3/4 cup splenda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 pears - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- In a small bowl, mix ketchup, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Gradually pour in oil, stirring constantly, until well blended.
- In a large serving bowl, toss together lettuce, blue cheese, pears, walnuts, and red onion. Pour dressing over salad, and toss well to coat.