Yeah, I’m having one of those.  Nothing has gone right since the alarm sounded.  I got up and someone must have hit the timer button on the coffee because it brewed my coffee at 1:00 a.m. instead of 5:00 so I had to dump it and make another pot.  Went to sit down at the table and the cat had thrown up on my chair.  I cleaned it up, sat down at my computer, clicked on Explorer and got hit by one of those adware viruses so I had to shut down the computer and completely reboot.  In the meantime, I went to the bathroom to pee and found that the toilet was clogged so I got to spend a couple of minutes plungeing instead of relaxing with my blog and coffee.  Now it’s time to get the boys up and hit the shower.  I’ll try to post if I find a couple of free minutes at work.

6:15 – Okay, I’m ready for work and waiting for the boys so I have a few minutes.

Yesterday pretty much went to Hell in a handbasket.  Lunchtime rolled around and I found myself staring at that packet of instant oatmeal with revulsion so I just skipped it.  By the time I got off work, I was starving.  I stopped by the produce market on the way home and picked up fresh string beans and headed home.  The plan was for Thai beef with string beans, fresh vine-ripened tomatoes that I picked up in Florida and homemade “fried” brown rice with onions, eggs, garlic, and shredded carrots.

I was so tired driving home that I kept yawning and I was miserable.  Getting up an hour early meant I’d only had five hours of sleep the night before.  It was raining — that cold misty rain of Kentucky winters–and I couldn’t wait to get home.  Came in and started slicing the beef and DH informs me that he’s tired and he’s going to eat some leftover chili and hit the bed.  The twins are telling me they’ll just eat a frozen pizza and I’m really too tired to summon the warrior.  There’s no way I’m doing all that cooking just for me.  So…DH hits the bed at 4:30 (yes, FOUR THIRTY) and I rummaged around in the freezer and couldn’t find much of anything except some frozen leftover lasagna.  I grabbed the lasagna and threw it in the microwave on a 30% power setting and thought I’d either pass out from exhaustion or die of hunger while I waited for it to warm up.

Work out?  Are you kidding?  I was totally miserable.  I’ve got to start feeling better.  I did my usual; took the lasagna in the family room and turned on the TV but I couldn’t stay awake past 8:00 so I crawled into bed and was really too tired to sleep.  I stared at the ceiling and tossed and turned for a couple of hours before I finally fell asleep.

I was thinking today has to be better but it’s sure starting out bad.  Gotta run…

11:00 – Taking a couple of “me” minutes.  I’m going to take a 15 minute walk in lieu of my usual working lunch.  I brought a lean cuisine and can eat it while I’m working but, this way, I know I’ll get at least a couple of minutes of exercise.


Joy says 3rd December @ 6:57

I am having one of those mornings as well Patty. I hope the rest of your day goes better.

canadianchunky says 3rd December @ 8:24

I hear you. Read my blog to see how my Tuesday was!! It is a full moon and I have learned that three days going in and three days going out – always a problem.

firefly says 3rd December @ 9:52

ACK – I haven’t gotten out of bed yet today. Now I’m afraid too!!

Patty, I’m just gonna send you a big hug!

incontrol2day says 3rd December @ 9:55

Hope your day is better today!

beerab says 3rd December @ 11:50

Ug that sucks- a hint for next time though if you go to bed and are tossing and turning don’t stay in bed- get up and do something and then when you start feeling really tired again go to bed and you’ll fall asleep- always works for me 😀

susan says 3rd December @ 15:49

Hey, your day can only get better after that morning! Murphy was at my house this morning also…

Your Comments

You must be logged in,to post a comment.