I have to admit I get tired. I have a difficult time keeping up the fight. Time is always the enemy. Anytime I work out, it’s taking time from other things. Of course, once I give up the workout time for something important, it’s that much easier to give it up for anything else that comes along. Pretty soon, I’m giving it up so I can watch reruns of The People’s Court.
Food, too. I’m all alone in having any desire to eat healthy in my household. All those damn men. They don’t want to eat healthy and I get tired of trying to plan and prepare healthy meals only to have DH bring home pizza or fried chicken or Arby’s. Of course, there’s always the battle that comes from him getting home before I do and deliberately starting a dinner that’s lethal to any kind of diet known to man. I need the warrior. Someone who will set his butt straight and tell him what he can do with his hamburgers, french fries and cole slaw. It’s difficult to stick to the straight and narrow and it’s a whole lot MORE difficult when you have a houseful of men complaining all the time. I worked all day yesterday, visited a home school student after work and then came home to find that DH had started my homemade spaghetti sauce, meatballs, and homemade pepper parmesan biscuits. Just needed me to finish it up. What can you do? I made the biscuits and threw some meatballs in a skillet. Ate dinner and then suffered with acid reflux all night. The funny thing is, the more crap I eat, the less I like it. It’s like my tastebuds get used to it and all the fattening junk all tastes the same.
Still, I don’t feel good. I’m tired and fat and my pants are all too tight. I have no energy and the highlight of my day is flopping down on the couch to watch TV in the evenings. Time to go on the warpath. How many times have I said that? I’ll weigh myself this morning for the first time in two or three weeks and try to get back on the straight and narrow, then I’ll walk out this door and the chaos will begin. Work, meetings, home schooling, committees, the kids, DIL, and everything else that eats me alive every day. I’ve gotta put on my war paint and summon the old warrior. I’m going to keep track of everything I do today and see if I can gain some insight or see what I can do to get back on track. Things have got to change.
- 5:15 - 5:35 - Got my coffee, blogged and tried to wake up.
- 5:35 - 6:00 - Woke up the boys, took my shower, weighed myself (although I didn’t even want to look and just about screamed when I finally did - 189.5!), used the blow drier on my hair, put on my makeup, polished my toenails.
- 6:00 - 6:10 - Put on a pair of black trousers and a beautiful black and white top and heels. Walked around a couple of minutes and decided I’d die before the day was over if I had to keep my gut sucked in and wear those pants all day.
- 6:10 - 6:25 - Changed into a pair of size 16 “fat” jeans but the top was too dressy for jeans so I grabbed a maroon tee and changed to cute white athletic shoes with gold and silver all over them. Topped it off with a pink and white jacket because the jacket has some maroon in it.
- 6:25-6:45 - Rummaged around in the freezer and found a lean cuisine. Same kind as yesterday but they all taste the same anyway. Also grabbed a frozen pork loin and threw it in the crock pot with Bronco Bob’s Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce. Take that, DH! I got the jump on dinner!
- 6:45 - 7:45 - Drove to work. Had to scrape the windows to get rid of heavy frost. Hadn’t planned on that. Brought in half a huge carrot cake and told everyone to eat the damn thing or I’m trashing it. Met with Advisor for National Honor Society (I’m a sponsor) about tutoring for the middle school, checked my mail, checked and responded to (or deleted) 60 new emails since yesterday afternoon.
- 7:45 - 1:45 - Been hard at work all morning. Met with the principal and went over the next newsletter with her. Met with all the teachers of my new homebound student to see what I need to work on with her. Met with ROTC instructors about holiday program. Had students two periods and went over how to edit photos in Picassa and add them to PowerPoint presentations. Met with resource teacher to write up a brochure promoting “Books for Belize”, a program that donates used books to schools in Belize.
- 1:45-4:00 - Wrote two articles for the school newsletter, met with Major about grandson, Steven’s, ASVAB scores. First try, he scored 45 and the Air Force requires 31. I’m actually surprised. I didn’t expect him to do that well. Guess I’d better keep an eye on him or he’ll come home one day and tell me he enlisted…drove home, stopped off at the store and bought cole slaw mix and lite sweet and sour dressing to go with baked apples (with Splenda) and pork loin for dinner. Now comes the hard part. I’m TIRED. All I want to do is sit down and watch TV. Instead, I’m going to find my MP3 and go for a walk.