Time for another weigh-in today! With the usual dread (why is it that stepping onto those scales always puts a knot in your stomach?) I stepped on, eyes firmly closed! i now weigh 223.75 pounds precisely! I am delighted - this has surpassed the mini-goal I set myself. I’m not going to get too ambitious with my mini-goal for next week as the Christmas season is upon us and I am going out for a meal on Thursday and want to enjoy it without worrying and feeling guilty. If I am 222 pounds next week, I will be over the moon.
i have learned a valuable lesson over the last few weeks - that sometimes it’s not how much you eat that’s the problem, but what you eat! i have been making really healthy choices and feel as if I am eating loads and never feel hungry or deprived. And that’s me sticking to my 1, 500 calorie a day limit. it just shows you. So other than the calorie limit, what else am I doing to help myself?
* I am drinking lots of water - I love it.
* I am doing lots of exercise - a good mix of cardio, strength and flexibility work. Again, I love it and it doesn’t seem like a hardship to me. In fact, i think I might be addicted!
* I have cut down on red meat and swapped white bread, pasta and rice for brown
* I am planning my meals ahead - I can’t overstate how important i have found this to my success!
* I am trying to cut down on caffeine but I am struggling with that a bit - I get a really sore head when I haven’t had a cup of tea for a few hours. I have bought some camomile tea which I have before bed.
* I am taking a daily multivitamin and mineral tablet.
* I am setting myself mini-goals each week and giving myself small non-food related rewards for achieving these - so far, a new foundation and a nice new nail polish
* I am pampering myself! i have started going for regular back, neck and shoulder massages and manicures - all helping me to feel better about my body and how I look and confirming that I am worth it!
* I am working through some exercises to help me understand how I became overweight in the first place and to address those underlying issues
* I am allowing myself the odd food treat and not feeling guility about it - all things in moderation and all that!
* I am seeking support from others in the same situation through the 3fatchicks forum
Most of all, I am genuinely excited about this journey and I am enjoying it so far which is keeping me going. Losing weight - feeling good about yourself - the pleasure is all mine!