Start Your Diet Today!

Buns and Thighs

5lbs Challenge

Okay, playtime is over! I know, I know. You girls are probably sick and tired of hearing me say that I’m ready to jump on the bandwagon and do awesome again, but I REALLY mean it this time! And just to make sure, I want you to all say something mean and hurtful in the comment you leave me. Something about how I’m super fat, or you’re disappointed in me for falling off in the first place, it doesn’t have to be true, I don’t care, just jab at me! I need the prodding.

I have been lingering in the 170s for a good long time now. And I mean I have seen every single digit in those 170s. I’ve gotten so close to the border before, like down to 172, and then I sabotage myself with a bacon cheddar burger or a pizza. Then I always make up some dumb excuse not to exercise. I used to be all excited about that stuff =( I used to run out of time to do anything else because I was so busy exercising. Now I’m lucky to force myself outside.

Well, yesterday I picked up the reins again. I went out to TJ Maxx to buy a bathing suit. I was all prepared for it to be a terrible experience, because it’s bathing suit shopping after all. Nothing cheery about that. I wanted a specific sort of suit, something low or cut in the back to show my tattoo, I wanted a two piece, but not with bikini bottoms, I wanted little shorts. My mom found one but it was a size 10, and I mean it looked pretty freaking dinky for a size 10. But she made me try it on anyways. I did. And I loved it. I actually fit in it, and I looked decent. I was absolutely shocked! Sure not every part of me is perfectly toned, but I could pull it off, and that’s saying a whole lot!

So, that reinspired me. I hung my bathing suit on the refrigerator door, wrote a goal wait of 169 on my arm in black sharpie and “5k” on my other arm. I really need to stick with it this time and get these last forty pounds off. Help me bloggie buddies!

I really, REALLY need to start figuring out how to tone up my butt and the backs of my thighs, because they’re looking so miserable. I’ve lost 60lbs and I swear to you, NONE of it came off my ass or thighs. Any ideas for a good routine to work them out?

10 Responses so far »

1. 1

jitterfish said,

May 24, 2011 @ 3:43 am

I’m not going to say anything mean, but I am going to challenge you. I want to be under 90kg by the end of semester (17 June), about 7lbs to drop. So lets do it! Lets see who can get to their goal first. Come on Jel, lets get our fat asses moving girl.

2. 2

jewlz280 said,

May 24, 2011 @ 3:22 pm

Holey shit, Jelbelle! Your room is AWESOMENESS! I LOVE it! Of course, I’m a purple lover by heart (it’s my birthstone color!), so you know I love the color! It’s just fab; the whole room is just FAB! And see, the texture works now! :D As for the being rude, well, I won’t be rude and call you names but I will say this. Anyone who could do that to a ROOM sure as hell can do it to themselves. You took that room by the hair and shook it like it was a mean bitch. Then you put it back in order and made it beautiful and made it call YOU MZ. BITCH! So you can do the same with your diet and exercise. Use that same determination and drive that you used to get your room in order to get yourself in order. OWN IT. DRIVE IT. And make it BEAUTIFUL!

3. 3

didibuttonsley said,

May 24, 2011 @ 5:46 pm

I agree with jewlz… it seems you have a knack for taking chaos and mess and making it real purdy. Maybe you need to get a pic of yourself, and draw all over the bits that you want to change. PRESTO! Get that shit done, girl.
    Winsor pilates buns n thighs is my favorite for assersizes. If you google it, you can watch the whole thing online- it’s only about twenty minutes.

4. 4

goodnuff said,

May 25, 2011 @ 2:30 am

Get your ass moving. Before you know it school will be back in session and where will you be? The athete that you are? Or forcing yourself to be something you are not..an out of shape, garbage eating couch potato? DO IT!!! Before I get my cattle prod and start jabbing it at you.

Did that help?

Squats, squats, squats..lunges, stairs and than more squats. I think my ass would be down to my mid thighs if it weren’t for all the squats I did as a teenager.

5. 5

pepagirl said,

June 2, 2011 @ 12:19 pm

Get your bootay moving JEL, we want to see some action in your corner! How are things going for you? I LOVE your room BTW! It looks amazing and we can all tell how much effort you put into making it beautiful. Now put some effort in on that tush and show us all how beautiful you can be! Here’s to a great June!

6. 6

mismichelle said,

June 3, 2011 @ 3:05 pm

Your room looks AWESOME!! I’m not going to say anything about YOU - but my ass does NOT LOOK GREAT hahahaha. We can do this!!!

7. 7

pepagirl said,

June 6, 2011 @ 5:37 pm

Hey Jel, what’s up? Hope that you are making some progress, fill us in girl!

8. 8

goodnuff said,

June 7, 2011 @ 7:54 am

Where are you???

9. 9

didibuttonsley said,

June 8, 2011 @ 11:38 pm

Hope you are slimming down and kicking butt with your workouts!

10. 10

goodnuff said,

June 9, 2011 @ 11:47 am

I’m thinking either jel’s in jail for giving her Italian prof what he deserves, she’s locked herself away to finish the greatest novel ever or she’s off becoming Miss Fitness America and is busy preparing the costume that comes with that title. Hmmmm?

Comment RSS · TrackBack URI

Say your words

You must be logged in to post a comment.