Start Your Diet Today!

TOM take note, this is the only time I’ll say it…

Song of the Day: “Closer to the Edge” 30 Seconds to Mars

..But I am happy to see you.

Okay, so, the water retention was due to: conert going, sodium, AND my TOM was in fact just around the corner. Can you say scapegoats? I can! I still worked myself to death Friday-Sunday because I felt like crap for having such a horrible gain mid-week. I’m not doing an “official weigh-in” until a bit later, and I’ll update this when I do, but I know that I am definitely down- not just my mysterious 4lbs- but also under what I was last week, so I have lost! and that makes me tres happy. [Edit: Weighing in for TBL at 186 even, a loss of -.6]

I am in a much better mood with that knowledge, and the fact that I still have all of Sunday and Monday to look forward to¬†on my creative rampage. I’m tearing up this writing scene. @goodnuff: thanks so much for getting an account and reading the first chapter! That meant a ton to me! [And also Chapter two has just been posted, it's titled 2011:2]. I realize now that you guys can’t read it unless you have accounts because of the maturity filter, and by the terms of agreement I can’t take the filter off unless I go through and censor all my swearing (which I won’t do). So sorry about that! But having so many people reading along as I write, and looking forward to my next chapter has definitely given me the encouragment I need to keep going, even if this storyline is a “just for fun” thing. Thank you! Thank you!

Another great update is that Friday I ran my first 2miles! I’m very proud of myself for getting to 2 miles a helluva lot sooner than I was expecting, and it felt great! Looking forward to the day when I’ll be able to run 3!

9 Responses so far »

1. 1

gertiev said,

January 30, 2011 @ 8:53 pm

I heard a good way to “battle” water retention during TOM is drinking distilled water. In addition to water retention, my appetite increases drastically before and during TOM.. I craze sweets like mad.. so don’t feel too bad! you’re not alone on this :)

2. 2

pepagirl said,

January 31, 2011 @ 2:26 am

Great job Jel! I will def check out your writing when I have some free time- wow I have such as busy week right now! Keep going and have I mentioned how proud I am of you? If I knew html I would so make you a “loser of the year 2010″ award for the blogs. Of everyone I follow, you have done so well and lost so much while gaining your life back. Keep pushing girl, you are going to look great!

3. 3

goodnuff said,

January 31, 2011 @ 2:48 am

How long before I find out if Kris stayed put? Someday when you are published or you make a screenplay that turns into a blockbuster don’t forget the little people…I fully expect tickets to the premiere!
    Pepa is right, you deserve an award that will let everyone know how super awesome you are.

4. 4

didibuttonsley said,

January 31, 2011 @ 3:39 pm

Hooray for Jel! I knew it was just a fluke, and that your weight wouldn’t stay up like that. I like that song too…

5. 5

jelbelle said,

January 31, 2011 @ 5:22 pm

Ahhhhhhhh gertie I can’t find your blog!

6. 6

mismichelle said,

February 1, 2011 @ 12:27 am

congratulations on the 2 miles!! you’re doing great!

7. 7

didibuttonsley said,

February 1, 2011 @ 8:39 am

Jel, I friggin love you! :)

8. 8

mrssparklingpersonality said,

February 1, 2011 @ 10:23 pm

Hi, Jel! If you haven’t stopped by my page, I have officially congratulated you for being the winner of my January challenge! And here’s your very own award:

9. 9

pepagirl said,

February 2, 2011 @ 3:42 am

I’m loving February too, so far, lol!

Comment RSS · TrackBack URI

Say your words

You must be logged in to post a comment.