Start Your Diet Today!

I recommend walkin around naked in your livin room

Week 4: Day 1: Construction

Epiphany.

I have a challenge for my bloggie friends tonight, I’m calling it Jel’s Flashdance Challenge. What are the challenge specifications you ask?

Step 1: Take off all your clothes (haha, pervs), actually undies and tank tops may suffice.
Step 2: Locate your nearest music-playing device, get the song “What a Feeling” by Irene Cara and blare it as loud as you can through your house.
Step 3: Dance. Do not stop dancing until you have your epiphany.

Actually, it’s less of a challenge and more like a demand. DO IT. The next time I talk to you fools you’d better have completed this challenge, or you’re preparing to do it but reading my ultra-cool blog got in your way.

So today I came home and did this:

and that’s when I had my epiphany.

On facebook I was chatting with Cassie and she invited me to Super China Buffet, and I was like yikes! Can’t, I’m dieting. And she was all “I need to diet, I want to be a size 8 before prom”, so that’s when I told her about my diet. I said I’d lost 21lbs, and she asked me how long I’d been on program, I said one month. It hit me, I lost 21lbs in one month…? Cassie was freaking out asking me a whole bunch of questions about how I’d done it, and it made me realize that I’ve always thought the same way when I’d heard people had lost large amounts of weight. Now that’s it happened to me I’m thinking “21lbs…that’s nothing! I can’t even tell the difference”. But it’s not nothing, it’s a huge accomplishment.

So suddenly I’m all gungho about getting Cassie on program with me, telling her exactly what I did to get to where I am now. I feel so…proud, so successful, and yet still, 21lbs is so minor in the long run, but I’ve never lost that amount of weight before. I feel good. And I’m loving the feeling of paying it forward, to have known success and to help friends do what I did, so that they can be happier with themselves, too.

I know I owe my little 21lb happiness to all of you guys, so I’m paying it forward with the Flashdance Challenge. Seriously though, do it ^_~

“Take your passion, and make it happen!”

6 Responses so far »

1. 1

didibuttonsley said,

October 18, 2010 @ 10:07 pm

I’m going to do this challenge at four in the morning, right before I eat breakfast and go for a bike ride with my cousin. I am soooooo glad that you have a blog on here. You and Pepa keep me sane, and keep me from eating everything within a two block radius. I’m on day five of the detox, and I feel pretty fricken good about it. I am going to finish the detox part before weigh-day, because I need to get a new scale anyhow.
    I wish you’d get your bellydancing dvd’s already. I decided to hold of on starting until your arrive in the mail.

2. 2

losingit2010 said,

October 18, 2010 @ 10:20 pm

I love your challenge but I think my DD would have me committed if I did that, I did do that though in the 80’s all the time, well dance but not in my birthday suit. Good job and keep up the great work

3. 3

pepagirl said,

October 19, 2010 @ 12:09 am

What? You guys actually wear clothing at home? LOL! I will do this as soon as I get off 3FC. My favorite post work out song to dance around to after them gym (if you call punching the air and drumming the steering wheel in the car dancing) is “Don’t Tread on Me” by Metallica. I just love that grunt that Hetfield does in this song and it makes me feel awesome after a long workout. I’m an odd cookie, yes in deed.

4. 4

didibuttonsley said,

October 19, 2010 @ 12:38 am

This was great! I couldn’t blare the music (people are sleeping here) and I used two different songs, cause I don’t have the Flashdance one, but it was still awesome. Usually when I’m in my room I’m naked anyhow, so dancing around the room was a pleasant addition to the nudity. After my dance off I took another detox bath. Thank god I have my own bathroom. I was feeling so good about life I totally would have strutted through the house in the buff to get to the tub.

5. 5

goodnuff said,

October 19, 2010 @ 10:55 pm

Doin’ it tomorrow. My downstairs neighbors would kill me if I did it right now. Awesome idea! And congrats on your epiphany, 21 pounds is huge and we all need to pat ourselves on the back once in awhile.

6. 6

Determined to be determined…by goodnuff » Blog Archive » Pantpantpant said,

October 20, 2010 @ 6:51 pm

[...] I was sitting down to admit to not fulfilling my good intentions and having spent most of the day crying. I¬†saw the note to myself “What a Feeling”. and with my eyes still yet with tears I you-tubed it and danced. What an awesome antidepressant! Thanks Jelbelle! [...]

Comment RSS · TrackBack URI

Say your words

You must be logged in to post a comment.