I want to be the “Hot Girl”…
My journey to not be invisible and overlooked anymore! And as big as I am (was) I shouldn’t be invisible…
Posted grneyedmustang on January 4th, 2013 | Filed under 2013, plateau, running, Thanksgiving
So the end of the year was bittersweet for me – there were some good things that happened at year end, and some not so good things that happened. We’ll start with the good.
So my “friend” that came to visit me wanted us to run a 5k together. I wanted redemption/vengeance for my miserable 5k that I ran in November, so I agreed. Well, I got my vengeance for multiple reasons:
- I got to take a couple of cute pictures! The non professional pics are below; I’ll post the professional pictures once I pay for them.
- I beat THE HELL out of my previous 5k time. I believe that I finished in 35 minutes – which is an eleven minute and some change mile.
- I now know that cold weather is not an excuse to not run. It was 28 degrees the morning of, and I DIDN’T DIE.
So the bad:
- I don’t know my exact time 🙁 My chip timer didn’t register. I had on my heart rate monitor so I have a good idea of what time I ran – but as soon as I stopped running someone came over and chatted with me about running, and I didn’t turn my heart rate monitor off until it was too late.
- The rest of my “friend’s” (and I use that term loosely) visit turned out to be a big bucket of fail. I don’t know what happened between when we met and the second trip, but it was quite obvious that he wasn’t really interested in me “that way” anymore. To add insult to injury – he also made it pretty obvious that he had a crush on my friend/college roommate. He went up to her as soon as the clock struck 2013 on New Years – took a picture – and posted it to facebook. He never took a picture with me. Who does that? Not to mention that the more I talked to him, the more I’m convinced that he’s a douchebag asshole.
Oh well, que sera sera. Back to the drawing board. And here’s to 2013!