I want to be the “Hot Girl”…
My journey to not be invisible and overlooked anymore! And as big as I am (was) I shouldn’t be invisible…
Posted grneyedmustang on January 10th, 2012 | Filed under dieting
I know there are a lot of people who don’t believe in New Year’s resolutions, but I do. Most of my life, I’ve set goals to make sure I am always working towards something. So here are my New Year’s “Goals” (aka resolutions!)
- Cut down on the alcohol – alcohol is my biggest downfall. I am really trying to cut it out, especially on the weekends, because that’s where I get into trouble.
- Start Meatless Mondays – so far, this has been a HIT! The recipe for lentil tacos was my first “meatless monday” (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/tasty-lentil-tacos/detail.aspx) and I must say I didn’t miss the meat at all. Not sure what next week’s Meatless Monday will be – right now I’m thinking some sort of veggie pasta.
- Run another race (this will be number 3!)
- Try some new classes at the gym. I love Spin, but I think it’s time to change it up a bit. Tonight, I went to an abs/weights/step aerobic class, and I enjoyed it! I think I’m going to keep doing that one on Tuesdays.
- Get below 240 pounds (first)
- Maybe start Weight Watchers
- Get below 200 pounds
- Non weight related – pay off some credit cards
- Non weight related – keep my apartment cleaner
- Take a vacation! I hardly went anywhere last year except to Philadelphia. This year, I’m going to try and take two or three trips, even if it’s just down to Houston for a weekend.
2011 was kind of a rough year physically and emotionally for me, so here’s to 2012!