I want to be the “Hot Girl”…
My journey to not be invisible and overlooked anymore! And as big as I am (was) I shouldn’t be invisible…
Posted grneyedmustang on November 3rd, 2010 | Filed under depression, exercise, weight loss
- I have been having one hell of a time staying in the gym on a regular basis. I don’t know what’s wrong with me! This is how it usually goes: Monday, I don’t go…because the start to the work week was tough. Tuesday…I don’t go…because I need to catch up on stuff around the house due to the rough Monday I had. Wednesday is usually when I get the steam to go. Thursday is hit or miss. By Friday, I realize that the week has gone by and get my ass to the gym. Saturday is a no brainer. I love working out on Saturday mornings. There is hardly anyone there and I don’t feel “time restricted” since I don’t have anywhere to be on Saturday. Sundays are hit or miss too. Some Sundays I hit the gym (and I like working out on Sunday too because of the same reasons for Saturday)…but my downfall – Sunday is generally my rest and relaxation day so I don’t always make the gym on Sunday.
Since I seem to be having consistency issues with the gym, I figured I’d put together some post-its to help remind me as to why I need to go. Then I decided I’d have it on my blog too…in case I lose the post-its or something. So here goes:
Top ten reasons not to skip the gym:
- The more you skip, the more painful and “challenging” (and not in a good way) it will be when you go back. You’ll have to indulge in the ben-gay, the more time you spend away from the gym.
- Exercise helps depression.
- Where else do you get to hear your favorite party tunes and pretend that you’re “dancing”?
- You feel good after working out.
- It helps you stay ahead of the curve – e.g. you won’t have to play “weight loss catch up” if you’re in the gym. “Weight loss catch up” is that game I unintentionally play after holidays and such, where you have to lose an additional 5 to 10 pounds on top of the 30 more I have to go.
- Does the number 200 look good to you? What about 180?
- Do the sizes 20w/22w mean anything to you? How about the size “12 wide”?
- (Sidebar with #7) Do you want to HAVE to shop on the “big girls” side of the store again?
- Don’t you like showing off the fact that you can run, do 40 minutes on the elliptical (at a nice pace/resistance too!) despite the fact that you’re not a size 6?
- Do the words high blood sugar/cholesterol/blood pressure mean anything to you?