30 Sep, 2009
Weigh-in: Week 59, In For The Long Haul
Posted by: delitaagain In: Weigh-In!!
My weigh-in was what it was.
The scale is difficult to read (not digital), old and not adjustable. MAYBE I’m still weighing in where I was last week, maybe I was reading it wrong the last two weeks.
I refuse to get frustrated. My temptation is to go drop $50 on a scale. Nope. My choice is to not let the numbers control me, especially when I can’t depend on them.
I’m just going to take this as a reminder that I need to focus on behaviors and not get ga-ga over numbers. So I’m choosing to call it what I did last week: 247, no gain or loss.
In any case, I’m off sweet tea and Mountain Dew, and, down to 1 (large) cup of coffee per day. The BIG news is that I am reaching for water over and over all day. YAY! That is the real victory.
Now I just need to re-focus and get my mind switched to what’s next. What is next? I haven’t decided.
Here are things I thought of working on:
- cutting out that last cup of coffee (important to me, not too hard)
- keeping up the water drinking and getting it up to 1 gallon a day (not too hard)
- completely cutting out the sodas, even grape (only one left, fairly easy)
- need to eat breakfasts earlier, which probably means I need to plan and cook ahead
- adding back high calcium dairy with meals
- adding back green tea 2-4 times per day (no sugar)
- watching my wheat (really bad for me) which is already down (just buy some Ezekiel bread and brown rice pasta)
- get back to making sure I don’t eat late night (sometimes hard, sometimes easy)
Okay what’s your suggestion? You guys nailed focusing in on the water last time so I’m very interested in your opinion this time (although I may pick something else or pick before you respond)! lol.
Thanks for playing! =)