:: Free 2 Be :: the Odyssey ::

12 Feb, 2009

Getting Re-oriented

Posted by: delitaagain In: Planning

My dad was a pilot. He taught all of us children to navigate as he drove the car. By the time we were driving we could find about anything, with and without a map.

Just this week I’m finding myself in shock over the progress and also re-thinking where I’m headed. It feels like I’ve stopped to look around and get re-oriented.

This is new territory for me and worth a good look. Before I head out again, I want to make sure I’m headed where I want to be going and this way will get me there.

I was in shock to pass the 1/3 mark. But then so quickly dropped another 10 pounds that now the halfway mark is looming close. I’m about 13 pounds out.

All this is to stir myself up. 13 pounds to half way?????? Wow, again.

In 1995 I moved to NC. I remember hovering just below 230 before moving and just above 230 after moving, then pounds started creeping on again. Between 218 and 228 I was wearing the misses 18 size, but after moving I needed a women’s 18.

IF I’ll just drop that 13 pounds, I’ll be solidly in misses sizes just as Spring is coming. Time to start acquiring a new wardrobe! The Lord will provide! On the way up, the first time my weight passed 260, He provided a whole new wardrobe of really good clothes.

If I start exercising again and stick with it, I could be in a size 14 by fall! WooHoo! See why I’m getting excited??

First things first, three days to weigh in this week. =) Yesterday I had pizza when we picked up my son, BUT, he is back from Iraq! Yea on the return, phooey on the pizza. Back to it!

What is your goal for this Spring?

12 Responses to "Getting Re-oriented"

1 | shallweshrink

February 12th, 2009 at 5:47 pm

Wow, isn’t it amazing how fast time can go by when you are focusing on other things?! Almost half way!! I’m so happy for you!

And even better than that, your son is home!! I so glad he made it home safely :)

2 | delitaagain

February 12th, 2009 at 8:52 pm

shallweshrink, yep, amazing. Thank you! Me, too, on the son being home. 15 months is too long. Delita

3 | Sandi DeFalco

February 13th, 2009 at 9:52 am

Most importantly, thank God your son arrived home safe! Sandi

4 | grabthebull

February 13th, 2009 at 12:06 pm

Yay for your son being home safe! That’s definitely a pizza moment. :)

And a misses size is a perfect spring goal! Keep on keepin’ on, girl!

-kt

5 | inkheartmeg

February 14th, 2009 at 3:06 am

Glad your son is home and thank him for me for what he’s done.

6 | patty

February 14th, 2009 at 12:34 pm

Wow! So many great things, Delita!

So glad your son is back. Thank you! Thank him!

Congrats on your fantastic progress. You go, girl!

7 | Eileen2bLean

February 14th, 2009 at 9:53 pm

Woohooo I’m coming up on the 1/3 mark. I *was* less than two pounds away from it but then I had this mysterious gain.
My goal for Spring? I don’t usually think ahead to goals, just to the next ten pounds. Hmmmm. I’m in a size 22 right now so I’d be happy to drop down to 20 - then it’s not that far to 18, huh? Ah, but that would be more like an autumn goal, huh.
See me getting ahead of myself? This is why I don’t usually think ahead to goals! =D

8 | delitaagain

February 15th, 2009 at 1:14 pm

Sandi, right you are! 15 months is too long! Delita

9 | delitaagain

February 15th, 2009 at 1:17 pm

grabthebull - I agree! LOL It wasn’t the pizza so much, but the second piece later, just because it was there… =/
Delita

10 | delitaagain

February 15th, 2009 at 1:17 pm

inkheartmeg, thank you! How nice! And I will. Delita

11 | delitaagain

February 15th, 2009 at 1:18 pm

Thank you, Patty! I will. Delita

12 | delitaagain

February 15th, 2009 at 1:19 pm

Yea, Eileen! A 20 feels so much better than a 22! lol You go, girl! Delita

Comment Form

• Sandi DeFalco: Hello Delita!!!! I was going through my favorites list and noticed Forums, and lo and behold, there you were! I'll assume you are doing good, haven't
  • tjnorth: I spent some time with my sister this summer and she lost about 100 pounds (she won't really say) three years ago by eating the good stuff (veggies,
  • brseay: Wow, what incredible pictures! So good to see you pop up here. Many of the regulars have disappeared so it's nice to see a friendly face. My ch