:: Free 2 Be :: the Odyssey ::

18 Dec, 2008

New Goal Setting Time

Posted by: delitaagain In: Goals

After that last weigh in, I realized I don’t have any solid interim goals between here and the last 100 pounds. I work better if the goal I am working on is in sight, seeing distance so to speak. So, drumroll…

My new goal is 225 pounds. That still sounds like a lot (and is), but here are the milestones.

That will be half way to goal, 75 pounds lost. WooHoo!

Also, the last time I weighed 225 was 1994, and previously in 1992. I made a big move in my life in 1995 at weights just above 225, hoping to get back down to it but never did.

The big move was to North Carolina, where I have now lived 13.5 years. The only time I’ve seen 225 in NC was when I was very sick, dying in fact, so it doesn’t count. Yes, I’m in Colorado this month, but that’s temporary.

It will mean a lot to me to *finally* get my weight below where I was when I moved to NC, as I pretty quickly started gaining again after that move. That will leave *only* 75 pounds to go! That’s doable, right?

What’s your next goal and why?

12 Responses to "New Goal Setting Time"

1 | Eileen2bLean

December 19th, 2008 at 3:12 am

My goal right now is to get into the 230’s and stay there, LOL!
I would say after that, my goal would be the next decade down - the 220’s. I haven’t been in the 220’s since before I got married in 2000.
If 229 is my goal, that means I’m just 12 lbs. away. That’s doable. Also, at 229 I will be 99 lbs. away from goal, another significant milestone.
So yeah, 229.

2 | hveeck

December 19th, 2008 at 4:03 am

the next major goal for me is ONEderland. I am around 225 now, so 25 more lbs. I haven’t been under 200 in over a decade!!!

3 | delitaagain

December 19th, 2008 at 12:06 pm

Eileen, that’s great! And certainly doable. What a difference a few pounds makes! What a great milestone. You are going this! Delita

4 | delitaagain

December 19th, 2008 at 12:11 pm

hveeck - oh, isn’t that the big one! lol - no pun intended! =) Doesn’t it feel great to have reaching that decade ago weight within view? You are really doing so great! I’m totally convinced we can do this! And how fun is this - reaching these interim goals together. Yea for you! Thanks! Delita

5 | inkheartmeg

December 20th, 2008 at 11:33 am

My next goal is to hover at 285 so I can get away from the 291 I have been at for a week or two. Alongside that, my goal is to stop eating potato chips and a can of soda a day.

I like your new goal. It’ll be exciting to see you reach it.

6 | xan

December 20th, 2008 at 1:33 pm

Sounds like a very doable goal — and I’d bet money you’ll make it!

I’m 284 right now (down 24) and my next goal is 260. I’m looking at this process as much aging backwards as lowing weight, and when I get to 260, I’ll have gotten rid of all the pounds I packed on during a very stressful period about 15 years ago. I’m looking forward to being 15 years younger!

7 | realcdn

December 20th, 2008 at 10:49 pm

I’m a big wuss. My next goal is…. tomorrow. Hit my calories and do my lifting. :)

Congrats on what you’ve achieved so far, and good luck at hitting your next goal.

8 | brseay

December 21st, 2008 at 3:38 pm

I love it how you ask these questions to get us thinking; keep it coming.

My goal is to get below 223 which was my lowest weight in recent history. I had hoped to be there by the end of the year but that’s not going to happen, at least w/o an amputation.

How wise of you, too, to break your big goal into smaller chunks. It makes the whole process much more manageable.

9 | delitaagain

December 22nd, 2008 at 3:53 pm

inkheartmeg - I like both your goals. I really just want to get in the low 240ies because I’ve been in the high 240ies a couple times coming down, but haven’t made it to the low 240ies yet. I guess that is my real next goal. My best to you on your soda and chips - great goals! Deita

10 | delitaagain

December 22nd, 2008 at 3:54 pm

realcdn, that is not a wuss. doing today today and tomorrow tomorrow are really what it is all about. I need to take your attitude on fitness and quit putting my followthrough off to *soon.* LOL Delita

11 | delitaagain

December 22nd, 2008 at 3:56 pm

brseay, thanks! so funny, I hadn’t really thought about that I do that - ask the questions - but you are right. And when I read other blogs I’m continually thinking *I like that she does that* whatever it is - one post pics, one posts cartoons, one uses updates found on net, one keeps me up with her fitness plan, etc. etc. Each has something they do and I really like that when reading, so very cool to know that I have something, too. I’ve been thinking I’m too bland! LOL Guess I don’t need to copy everyone else. thanks, woman! Delita

12 | delitaagain

December 22nd, 2008 at 3:58 pm

yea, xan! Both of us will be to where we were 15 years ago at the next goal! How great is that? Congrats on the 24. You are significantly on your way! Delita

Comment Form

• Sandi DeFalco: Hello Delita!!!! I was going through my favorites list and noticed Forums, and lo and behold, there you were! I'll assume you are doing good, haven't
  • tjnorth: I spent some time with my sister this summer and she lost about 100 pounds (she won't really say) three years ago by eating the good stuff (veggies,
  • brseay: Wow, what incredible pictures! So good to see you pop up here. Many of the regulars have disappeared so it's nice to see a friendly face. My ch