antianti on Apr 26th 2011 01:27 am
So, looking back on it yesterday was probably not the best day to start a blog about my new eating plan. I had a picnic and a dinner party, and ate everything I wanted to. Not always when I was hungry! I am going to have to get better at this intuitive eating or else it’ll be back to dieting for me!
On the bright side, it was a public holiday, and the holiday that is known for chocolate consumption, so hey hum! I also went on a 17 mile bike ride before breakfast, and rode my bike from gathering to gathering all day today, including a sprint along the Donaukanal because it was dark and I was scared. So, even if I didn’t burn off the calories I consumed, I certainly improved my fitness for the triathlon!
In training news, I am enjoying my last day off work by going swimming. I have to get passport photos done for my Monatskarte, so that is the first obstacle. I always look awful in passport photos… My last ones I had done after a 12 hour flight to Bangkok (night flight, I didn’t sleep) + walking around Bangkok sweating my guts out for a few hours. Obviously I looked like a supermodel…
On the plan is 1.5km swimming, which seems a bit excessive seeing as though the sprint distance is only 750m. I think I might have to change training plans because the one I’ve got at the moment is way too quick for me. I ran the 4.6 miles in 44 minutes instead of 41, cycled the 14 miles in 61 minutes instead of 52, and I definitely won’t manage 1.5km swimming in 29 minutes. Ho hum! Maybe I’ll stick with the distances and just do the best I can with times, I have no idea how to train for this thing! When the race date gets closer, I’ll start asking for advice but at the moment I’ll just build my base fitness up I think.
Have a good day
Filed in Uncategorized | Comments (0)
antianti on Apr 25th 2011 03:47 am
In the words of the Marks & Spencer’s adverts, this is not just any diet blog, this is an anti-dieting blog!
After realising all diets (calorie counting, South Beach, Atkins etc etc etc) do for me is make me obsessed and prone to binge eating, I have decided to keep my weight stable with intuitive eating and lots and lots of sport! I’ve done a lot of thinking over the last few days of how I’d like to go about this and I have come up with a list of things I will accept and things I won’t:
Things I Will Do / Accept
- Eat only when I’m hungry, not when I’m bored, angry etc
- Stick to my training plan sport wise. Unfortunately (ha) I don’t have the same problem about getting obsessed with sport if I stick to a rigid plan 😉
- I will accept the fact that I will never look like a supermodel. My thighs are pure muscle, my hips are child-bearing, my boobs non-existent. I’ll just have to work with what I’ve got!
- I will accept that sometimes, on special occasions, I will eat when i’m not hungry because the event expects it. I’m not going to be the girl sitting watching everyone eat at a dinner party / birthday, even if I’m not physically hungry.
Things I will not accept
- Eating at home, on my own or otherwise, just because I am bored
- Eating things I don’t even like/want, just because I think I should eat them.
- Slacking off the exercise because I can’t be bothered
- Weighing myself obsessively or getting upset because I haven’t lost weight.
- Counting calories / plotting excel graphs about my weight / cutting out food because it is ‘bad’ (yes, I’ve done all these things before, no they didn’t work!)
I’m looking forward to a lifestyle I can keep up, getting more in-tune with my body, developing a positive body image, and most of all, finishing the triathlon! I’ll update this blog most days to record how I’m doing, so if you’re interested, drop by!
Filed in Uncategorized | Comments (0)